Looking for a platinum credit card with low interest rates?
The Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card offers a 0% introductory interest rate on purchases and balance transfers when you apply by 28 June 2019. This rate reverts to a competitively low interest rate of 9.99% p.a. (variable) thereafter.
Plus, get access to platinum privileges including complimentary international travel insurance, a 24/7 platinum concierge service and Visa Entertainment offers.
|Product Name||Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Maximum Balance Transfer Amount||Up to available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months (reverts to 9.99% p.a.)|
|Offer end date||28 June 2019|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period is the maximum number of days during which interest is not charged on new purchases. This only applies if you pay your closing balance in full by the statement due date.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||5% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||$2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$2.50|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$2.50|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
- New cardholders who apply by 28 June 2019 can receive 0% p.a. interest rates on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months.
- Get access to exclusive Visa Entertainment offers.
- Enjoy the benefits of complimentary travel insurance and 24/7 platinum concierge services.
- No rewards program linked to this card
Benefits of the Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card
- 0% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers. New cardholders who apply by 28 June 2019, can enjoy 0% interest rates on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months. After the introductory period, this will revert to the variable interest rate of 9.99% p.a.
- Platinum concierge service. You can turn to a 24/7 global platinum concierge service for assistance in different ways. This service can help you book tickets for events, it can assist you in making travel plans, you can use it to reserve tables at restaurants and much more.
- Overseas travel insurance. Complimentary international travel insurance can provide cover for overseas medical expenses, emergency dental expenses, flight cancellations, travel delays, missed connections, mugging, accidental death, and various other unforeseen events that can occur when travelling.
- Platinum entertainment. This service gives you the ability to get front section seats to some of the most popular events and concerts, and you can even get backstage access.
Features of the Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Annual fee. If you are not a Rewards Package customer, you will be charged $99 p.a. for the card's annual fee.
- Low variable interest rate. This platinum card charges a low variable rate of 9.99% p.a. This rate applies to purchases and balance transfers.
- Interest-free days. This card gives you up to 55 interest-free days on purchases if you pay the account’s closing balance in full each month.
- Additional cardholders. You can get an additional card for any nominated individual over 18 years of age.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit for this card is $6,000.
How to apply for the Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card
Applying online takes no more than a few minutes, you can download an application, you can apply over the phone, or you can apply by visiting any Bank First service centre.
Bank First requires that you meet the following minimum criteria to be eligible for this card:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be a resident of Australia
The application process requires you to provide different types of information, so make sure you have the following on hand:
- Personal and identification details such as your name, contact information and driver's licence number
- You employment status and your net income
- You'll need to indicate whether you receive any government benefits or pensions, and also indicate your assets, debts and liabilities.
While this platinum card charges a low variable rate on purchases, it’s not the only card of its kind. Take some time to compare it with similar offerings before thinking about applying.Back to top