Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card
Save with 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months while enjoying extra features with the Bank First Visa Platinum credit card.
When you apply for the Bank First Visa Platinum credit card by 31 December 2020 and make an eligible purchase by 29 January 2021, you can save with 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months. This rate reverts to 9.59% p.a. after that. Cardholders can also access platinum perks including complimentary travel insurance, a 24/7 concierge service and exclusive deals through Visa Offers and Perks.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 6 months (reverts to 9.59% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (9.59%)|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a. for 6 months, reverts to 9.59% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||19.59% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 0% interest rates on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months when you apply by 31 December 2020 and make an eligible purchase by 29 January 2021
- Get access to exclusive Visa Offers and Perks
- Complimentary travel insurance and 24/7 platinum concierge services
- No rewards program linked to this card
|Minimum monthly repayment||5% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Cash advance fee||$2.50|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$2.50|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can apply for the Bank First Visa Platinum credit card online in around 10 minutes. You should check if you meet the eligibility criteria and that you have the necessary information to complete the application before you get started.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and no history of defaults, bankruptcy or judgements.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address and contact information and number of financial dependents. If you’re requesting an additional cardholder, you’ll need to include their personal details too.
- Identification. You’ll be required to provide proof of identity such as a driver’s licence number.
- Employment. Confirm your employment status and net income.
- Finances. You'll need to indicate whether you receive any government benefits or pensions and list any assets, debts and liabilities.
- 0% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers. New cardholders who apply by 31 December 2020 and make an eligible purchase by 29 January 2021, can take advantage of 0% interest rates on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months. After the introductory period, this will revert to the variable interest rate of 9.59% p.a.
- Platinum concierge service. You can contact your 24/7 personal platinum concierge service for all of your travel, entertainment and lifestyle requests. This could include anything from organising travel plans to booking last-minute concert tickets or reserving a table at a popular restaurant.
- Overseas travel insurance. You can save on an essential holiday cost with complimentary international travel insurance. This includes cover for overseas medical expenses, emergency dental expenses, flight cancellations, travel delays, missed connections, mugging and accidental death. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
- Visa perks. Your Visa card is accepted at millions of locations around the world. Cardholders can also enjoy exclusive discounts, pre-sale access to concerts and competitions through Visa Offers and Perks.
- Mobile wallets. Whether you have an Android or Apple device, you can save time at the cash register and pay with the convenience of your smartphone with Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $99 annual fee.
- Low variable interest rate. Outside of any promotions, purchases and balance transfers attract a 9.59% p.a. interest rate.
- Cash advances. If you use your card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you’ll immediately attract the 19.59% p.a. interest rate.
- Interest-free days. You can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases if you pay the account’s closing balance in full each month. Interest-free days don’t apply to balance transfers or cash advances.
- Additional cardholders. You can get an additional card for any nominated individual over 18 years of age.
- Credit limit. The Bank First Visa Platinum credit card has a minimum credit limit of $6,000.