Bank First Green Personal Loan
A green personal loan with variable rates and terms up to 7 years. Interest charges and establishment fees apply.
Bank First’s Green Personal Loan can be used for the purchase of environmentally friendly products for your home. The products will have to have a minimum 5-star rating to qualify. This loan can be either secured or unsecured. The lender may request for loan security if required. Loan terms range up to 7 years.
From 7.25% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
How does the Green Personal Loan work?
This loan is designed for the purchase of environmentally friendly products with a minimum 5-star rating. This is a variable rate loan, meaning that your interest rate will vary depending on the market rate. This could mean your interest payments may be higher or lower for some months than others. The minimum loan amount is $5,000, with a loan term up to 7 years.
What features does the Green Personal Loan offer?
- Variable interest rate. Your rate is variable, and starts from 7.25% p.a. with a comparison rate of 8.59% p.a.
- Secured and unsecured. Bank First may require security for this loan, but this will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Green personal loan. Suitable for green home improvement purchases.
- Varying loan term. Between 1 to 7 years.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose between weekly, fortnightly and monthly repayments.
- Additional repayments. You can make additional repayments.
- Free redraw with a $500 minimum. You won’t be charged for the redraw facility. The minimum redraw amount is $500.
How much does the Green Personal Loan cost?
There are a number of costs associated with Bank First’s Green Personal Loan. These include:
- Variable interest rate of 7.25% p.a.
- Establishment fee of $195
The comparison rate, which includes both the interest rate and fees is 8.59% p.a.
In addition to the above, you may be charged the following:
- Arrears fee of $20. This fee will be charged if you don’t make your repayments on time.
Am I eligible for a Green Personal Loan?
To be eligible for this product, you will have to be at least 18 years of age or older. There will also be a credit assessment when you apply for this loan.
How do I apply?
You can apply for the loan online, through the Bank First website. The application will take around 10 minutes to complete. Keep all the required documents on hand to speed up the process. You can also call Bank First and apply over the phone.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3, 5 or 7 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.