Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa Credit Card
Take advantage of a $0 annual fee, competitive interest rate and up to 55 interest-free days with the Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa Credit Card.
The Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa is a $0 annual fee credit card that also offers a low variable rate of 12.39% p.a. for both purchases and cash advances. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can also enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, allowing you to save even more on credit card costs.
|Product Name||Bank Australia Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||12.39% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||12.39% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- Low variable interest rate of 12.39% p.a. on purchases and cash advance
- Instant transfers between your Bank Australia savings account and credit card
- Accessibility with Apple Pay or Google Pay
- No rewards program
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$3.50|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$3.50|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$3.50|
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa credit card online. Check if you meet the eligibility requirements and that you have the information you'll need to complete the application before you get started.
- Income. You must earn a regular income.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit score and have maintained a good credit history for the last 5 years.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident.
- Age. You must be over the age of 18.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, email address and a contact number.
- Proof of identification. If you aren't an existing Bank Australia customer, you'll also need to verify your identity online using your driver's licence, a Medicare card or passport.
- Employment. You'll need to list your employer's name and contact details as well as the length of time you've been there.
- Finances. You'll need to confirm your gross income (before tax) and net salary (after tax). This includes other forms of income you have from shares, rental property or anywhere else. You'll need to list your assets (including approximate values of property, vehicles, savings and superannuation) and liabilities (loan balances, repayment amounts and credit card or overdraft limits).
- No annual fee. The Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa Credit Card has an annual fee of $0 p.a., meaning you pay no ongoing fee for this account.
- Competitive interest rate. This credit card has a variable interest rate of 12.39% p.a. for all transactions, making it easier to calculate possible interest charges and manage your payments.
- Interest-free period. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Visa perks. You can use your card at millions of international locations wherever Visa is accepted, including for contactless payments under $100 with Visa PayWave. You'll receive added security when shopping online thanks to Visa Checkout and can access exclusive discounts and benefits through Visa Offers and Perks.
- Mobile payments. You can use your eligible smartphone or device to tap and pay when you link your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay.
Rates & fees
- Cash advance fee. If you use the Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa to get money from an ATM or for another cash advance transaction, you'll be charged a fee worth $3.50. Cash advances also aren't eligible for any interest-free days, so you'll pay interest from the time the transaction is made.
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee. When you use this card to withdraw cash overseas, a fee of $3.50 will apply. This is in addition to the cash advance fee.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee of 3% applies for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
- Security features. The Bank Australia No Annual Fee Visa Credit Card offers 24/7 fraud monitoring and a zero liability policy to help keep your account safe.
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.