See your credit union’s range of everyday and savings accounts
The name may be different but YCU is still Your Credit Union providing a variety of low cost savings products for their members.
Queensland Professional has become Your Credit Union (YCU) but their array of financial products are still impressive. Membership is open to all Australian residents who can then take advantage of the flexible savings accounts and other financial products that YCU provides.
Who is Your Credit Union?
There are a number of savings account offered by YCU, each providing competitive interest rates while serving a specific need. There are modern online savings accounts as well as accounts designed to limit your access and increase your balance. Fixed rate term deposits are also available to help members reach their investment saving goals. With rates and fees that are comparable to what you find with larger Australian banks, YCU is worth taking a closer look at.
What’s Internet banking with Your Credit Union?
Online banking is one of the most cost-effective ways to access your account. It gives you secure access to your finances 24/7 anytime, anywhere.
Notable features include:
- View or print current account balances and history
- Transfer money between accounts
- Use BPAY to pay over 10,000 billers
What transaction accounts are offered by Your Credit Union?
- Everyday Transaction Account. An all purpose banking account that is simple to use, and even pays a modest interest on your balance. You are given multiple methods to access your money including a linked Visa debit card.
- Gold Account for over 50’s. Designed specifically for retirees, this online at call account provides complete access with a competitive interest rate applied to your balance. Pay no fees, yet get the convenience of having a Visa debit card linked to your account.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Your Credit Union?
- Mortgage offset account. Linked to your YCU home loan, the balance of this savings account reduces the amount of interest payable by you each month. Link it to your everyday banking account for access to your savings whenever you need it.
- Netsaver Account. Working in tandem with your Everyday Transaction Account, this online savings product provides a competitive interest rate, no fees and access to your money through secure transfers into your linked account.
- Pension Account. An online at call account for seniors, the Pension Account combines flexible banking with high interest rates. This account is ideal for those near retirement who want better control over their SMSF activity.
- Target Savings Account. Structured similarly to a term deposit, access is limited to this account until 1 November, when you can make withdrawals to take care of your Holiday needs or anything else you have been saving for.
What term deposits are offered by Your Credit Union?
YCU offers short term term deposits ranging from three months to two years. Minimum deposit amounts start at $5,000, with a fixed competitive interest rate applied daily to the balance. Depending on the term you choose, you can receive interest payments once a year or in one lump sum at maturity.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with Your Credit Union?
- Membership. With no employment or residency restrictions all Australians can take advantage of YCU’s savings accounts.
- Competitive rates. Interest rates are competitive with what is being offered by other banks.
- Low fees. You pay no monthly account keeping fees and a minimum of transaction fees.
- Online access. YCU allows you full access to your accounts online, making it easy to bank anytime of the day.
- Term deposit account minimum. In order to take advantage of the high rates of a term deposit you must be able to invest at least $5,000.
- Long term goals. There are no high interest accounts or term deposits that allow you to keep your savings safe for a long term goal beyond two years.
How do I apply for a Your Credit Union savings account?
YCU conveniently allows for you to apply for their various savings accounts online. Age requirements may differ from one to the next, but you do need to be signed up as a member which requires that you are an Australian resident for tax purposes. Other information that may be needed includes information from a photo identification document and your tax file number (TFN) to ensure that the withholding tax on your earned interest is being applied at the correct rate.
Before making the decision to apply for one of these savings accounts, it is always a good idea to examine their unique features and compare those to what other banks are providing to ensure that you are getting the most value for your savings.
Ask an Expert