Compare Sydney Mutual Bank savings accounts
Are you a young adult, retired or just looking for a little more this Christmas? SCU have a savings account to help you reach your savings goals.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Sydney Mutual Bank is a provider of banking services based in Sydney. You don’t have to live in the harbor city to apply for a savings or investment account from this mutual bank.
Who is Sydney Mutual Bank?
Sydney Mutual Bank (previously SCU) are a Sydney based full service mutual bank with products to cater for all types of Australians. Sydney Mutual Bank savings accounts provide a blend of features that make accessing your money easy while continuing to reward you with a competitive rate of interest.
What is internet banking like for Sydney Mutual Bank?
Internet banking is an increasingly important feature, Sydney Mutual Bank lack the branch presence of other banking institutions such as Westpac or Commonwealth Bank.
Register for Sydney Mutual Bank internet banking when you open a Sydney Mutual Bank transaction, savings or investment account. Apply over the phone or at a branch to get an access code, which can be used in conjunction with your membership number to login and access your accounts online.
Sydney Mutual Bank internet banking lets you manage your savings and other accounts from your home.
- Transfer money between your Sydney Mutual Bank savings and transaction accounts.
- Make payments to other accounts in Australia or overseas.
- Pay bills using BPAY.
- View interest earned and electronic statements.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Sydney Mutual Bank?
- iNetSaver Account
Get rewarded with one of Sydney Mutual Bank’s highest rate of interest, the iNetSaver Account rewards you with more interest when you keep a balance over $2,000. This account does not include Debit or rediCARD access, manage your account online. Make an online transfers to a transaction account to withdraw the funds in the iNetSaver.
- Savings Motivator Account
The Sydney Mutual Bank Motivator gives you an Incentive to keep saving. Get rewarded with bonus interest when you make deposits and no withdrawals each month. This account does not offer ATM access.
- Pension Aware Accounts
Sydney Mutual Bank’s savings account for pensioners and retirees. Internet and telephone banking allows you to make BPAY payments and transfer money to other accounts. Use the rediCARD or get the Visa Debit Card to make online purchases as well as cash withdrawals. An overdraft facility can be attached to this account.
What term deposits are offered by Sydney Mutual Bank?
- Term Deposit Account
Invest in terms from 3 months to 5 years. Lock in your investment for a fixed return and get interest paid when the investment matures. Open a Sydney Mutual Bank term deposits with $5,000 or more.
What are the pros and cons of banking with Sydney Mutual Bank?
- Bonus interest. Sydney Mutual Bank provides you an incentive to save through bonus interest when you make regular deposits and no withdrawals.
- Kid’s accounts. Sydney Mutual Bank have a great range of savings products specifically tailored to meet the needs of junior savers.
- Limited branch access. Sydney Mutual Bank offer a suite of tools so you can do your banking online or over the phone; however, there is a limited number of Sydney Mutual Bank branches if you wish to do your banking in person, especially outside of Sydney.
- Dated online banking. Sydney Mutual Bank online banking lacks to the fresh and new look and feel of other online banking facilities, such as Commbank for example.
How do I apply for a Sydney Mutual Bank account?
You must already be a Sydney Mutual Bank member to apply for a savings or investment account. Australian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to become members. You can become a Sydney Mutual Bank member online.
You must be over 18 to become a Sydney Mutual Bank member.
You must be registered on the electoral role or in the telephone book.
Make sure you have your passport, driver's licence or medicard on hand to complete the identification requirements of the Sydney Mutual Bank membership application.
More guides on Finder
Sydney Mutual Bank Access Savings Account
Earn interest on your balance while you still get the benefit of accessing your account to take care of your everyday banking needs.
Ask an Expert