Make your money go further with a savings account from The Rock.
The Rock is now called MyState BankAs of 1 December 2018, The Rock, a division of MyState Bank Limited, has changed its name to MyState Bank. You can find MyState products here.
The Rock has been helping Australians look after their finances since 1967. Established in Rockhampton, Queensland, The Rock merged with financial services group MyState Limited in 2011 and is now a division of MyState Bank Limited. If you’re looking for a savings or transaction account to help manage your finances, it offers an extensive range of options.
Who is The Rock?
Based in central Queensland, and with a focus on personalised customer service, The Rock operates from Cairns in the north right down to south-east Queensland. In addition to home loans, personal loans, credit cards and insurance, it offers a full range of transaction and savings accounts.
These accounts are designed to help you manage your money your way, with a variety of products available to suit the needs of different customers. There are accounts for teenagers, pensioners, businesses, home loan borrowers and even people looking to save a little extra to cover the cost of their Christmas spending.
Accounts with The Rock can be accessed via Internet, mobile and phone banking, bank card, debit card, cheque book and over the counter.
What is Internet banking like for The Rock?
The Rock’s Internet-banking facility offers quick and secure access to your accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The facility offers all the features and functionality you would expect from an online banking portal, as well as security features such as SMS authentication to provide an extra level of protection.
Notable features include:
- Check your account balances
- Pay bills and transfer funds
- Setup and maintain periodical payments
- View transaction history
- Manage business banking data with direct feeds to your Xero accounting package
What transaction accounts are offered by The Rock?
Senior’s Platinum Account
An everyday transaction account for people aged and over, the Senior’s Platinum Account does not charge any account-keeping fees and allows you to earn interest on your balance. You can access your funds via a Rock Visa Debit Card or rediCARD PLUS, while a cheque book, phone banking and Internet banking are all supported.
This everyday business banking account does not have any ongoing fees when your balance stays above the entire month. It also provides easy access at The Rock branches, via phone and Internet banking, and by using a cheque book.
This fully featured transaction account with a Rock Visa Debit Card or rediCARD PLUS, as well as via Internet banking, phone banking or a cheque book. Your account balance is offset 100% against your home loan every day, allowing you to minimise your interest payments on your mortgage.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by The Rock?
Christmas Club Account
This Christmas savings account features no account-keeping fees and allows you to earn interest on your savings. You can only access your funds between November 15 and December 31 each year, removing the temptation to dip into your savings.
Online Saver Account
This high-interest savings account offers easy online access to your funds at all times. You’ll need to maintain a balance of at least each month to earn interest but you do not have to worry about account-keeping fees.
What term deposits are offered by The Rock?
With terms ranging from 1 to 36 months, The Rock offers the security of a fixed interest rate on a range of term-deposit accounts. There are no account-keeping fees and you can check your balance at any time via Internet banking. A minimum deposit of is required.
What are the pros and cons of banking with The Rock?
- Wide range of accounts. The Rock offers an extensive range of savings, transaction and term-deposit account options.
- Easy access to funds. From Internet, phone and mobile banking to debit card spending, ATMs, cheque books and over-the-counter transactions, there are several easy ways to access funds in your account.
- Community support. The Rock regularly gives back to the community, providing financial support for a number of initiatives and community projects across central Queensland.
- Based in central Queensland. With branches in Queensland only, The Rock may not be the best choice of bank for customers outside the Sunshine State.
How do I apply for a The Rock account?
There are three options available if you’d like to open an account with The Rock:
- Make an appointment. This can be done over the phone or in branch.
- Phone The Rock. Phone The Rock to discuss your financial needs.
- Visit a branch. Find a branch near you to speak to a staff member about opening an account.
However, before applying for an account, make sure you compare The Rock’s products with the savings and transaction products from a range of other providers. This will help you find the right account for your money needs.