Members of the Australian railway industry have been benefiting from exclusive banking products from MOVE for over 40 years.
MOVE has been a financial services provider for the Australian railways workforce since 1968. Through them, members can access a number of different banking accounts, each designed to suit a particular need. Employees of the Australian railway industry and their families are welcome to join and take advantage of any of credit union’s financial products and services.
Who is MOVE?
Whether it be an account that takes care of your day to day expenses, or a special savings product to see you through Christmas, MOVE services are competitive with what you find at larger banks. Through features such as internet banking and Visa debit cards linked to your account, you have full access to your savings whenever you want or the option to earn higher interest with limited access through term deposit accounts.
Railways Credit Union Ltd trading as myMOVE
Please note Railways Credit Union has rebranded to MOVE.
You are able register for the MOVE internet banking system over the phone to help with managing your finances. You will also be given an access code and a guide that will help you in getting accustomed to banking online. Once set up, you will be able to make transactions through a number of different features.
Notable features include:
- Around the clock availability and access to your accounts
- Funds transfer between your different MOVE accounts
- Transfer funds to and from other Australian financial institutions
- Check your balances, transactions, and earned interest on your savings account
- Use BPAY to pay your bills online
- Confirm when your pay has been deposited or a cheque has been presented
What transaction accounts are offered by MOVE?
- Everyday Saver. This account allows you to manage your daily finances without any monthly account keeping fee. You have the option of choosing whether you interest is calculated on your daily balance or on the minimum monthly balance.
- Budget Saver. Using a fee free structure, you can set aside the money you need to take care of your continuing expenses like home loan payments or your utility bills. This account also pays interest on the balance which is calculated on your minimum monthly balance and paid at the end of each month.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by MOVE?
- Christmas Saver. The Christmas Saver gives you an easy way to prepare for the holiday shopping season by allowing you to add to the account during the entire year and have the money, plus the interest earned, transferred to your Everyday Saver on the last day of October.
- Express Saver. Keep your savings aside from your everyday money and earn the highest at call interest rate available. You can open this account with as little as one dollar and access your savings at any time you need to.
- First Home Saver Club Account. Designed specifically to help you meet your down payment needs, this high interest savings account has no fees and access to your money when you need with no penalty.
What term deposits are offered by MOVE?
For a length of time that can range from three months to two years you can earn competitive interest on your savings at a fixed interest rate. The minimum deposit required by MOVE is $5,000 with interest calculated daily and paid to you monthly or at one time when the term deposit reaches maturity.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with MOVE?
- Visa debit card. For at call accounts you have the choice of linking a Visa debit card for easy access to your funds.
- Fees. With most accounts you will not be charged a monthly account keeping fee.
- ATM network. The transaction fees are reduced when you use a rediATMs or ATMs in the Westpac or StGeorge networks.
- Bank@Post. Withdrawals can be made at any one of the thousands of Bank@Post locations found in Australia using your Visa debit card.
- Membership. Membership is exclusive to those working in the railways, transport and logistics industries.
- Debit card fees. You will have to pay an extra monthly fee for a linked Visa debit card.
How do I apply for a MOVE?
You must first become a member of MOVE before you will be able to call the financial institution and apply for one of their accounts.
Membership is exclusive to those who; are employed or were employed by Queensland Rail/Aurizon, are an ex-employee of a Queensland Rail/Aurizon subsidiary provided that you were employed by them at the same time that the subsidiary was under the control of either company, are a current employee of an organisation that has a close affinity to the Credit Union or the rail and is approved by the board or, are related by family or partnership to any individual who meets these qualifications.