Are you a member of Queensland’s public service? Find out about exclusive savings and investment accounts from QPCU.
QPCU has been looking after the people who service the Queensland community since 1964. If you’re a member of Queensland police, emergency or public service, QPCU is a community credit union for you and your family.
QPCU is now known as QBANK and will no longer be offering products or services.
Existing QPCU customers will be notified directly about changes to their banking.
Who is QPCU?
QPCU savings accounts cater to borrowers with different goals at different life stages. As well as standard online savings account QPCU offer bonus interest accounts which reward you with more when you meet deposit and withdrawal conditions. The Cash Management Account offers a tiered rate of interest. All accounts except the term deposit give you at call access to your funds.
What is internet banking like for QPCU?
Register for internet banking so you can view and manage your savings accounts from the comfort of your home 24/7. QPCU also offer a mobile banking application which brings the features of the browser based platform to your smartphone or tablet. The internet and mobile banking facilities are completely safe.
Register for internet banking when you open a QPCU account. Use your member number and password to access internet banking.
Notable features include:
- View your savings account balances and interest earned.
- Send money to accounts in Australia or overseas up to $2,000 per day.
- Open new QPCU accounts and apply for a credit limit increase.
What transaction accounts are provided by QPCU?
- QPCU On Call Transaction Account
QPCU’s interest bearing everyday bank account. This account has no minimum balance and no monthly fees. A Visa Debit Card or Cue EFTPOS Card is issued when you open this account. Make free withdrawals at Westpac Group, NAB and rediATMs. Get 5 free ATM withdrawals at non-partner ATMs every month.
- Teen On Call
A fee free everyday bank account for QPCU members aged between 13 and 17. A Cue Card is issued with this account and can be used to make free ATM withdrawals at one of Australia’s largest ATM networks and make over the counter EFTPOS purchases.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by QPCU?
- NetLink Direct Savings Account
A simple rewarding online savings account. QPCU’s NetLink Direct rewards you with a flat rate of interest on all account balances. You’ll pay no monthly fees or fees to transfer funds to and from your transaction account. Register for QPCU internet banking to manage the funds in your NetLink Direct Savings Account.
- Teen NetLink Direct Savings Account
A fee free savings account the rewards junior savers with QPCU’s highest rate of interest. Make unlimited online transfers to a transaction account via internet banking to access funds in the Teen NetLink Direct Savings Account.
- Bonus Saver Account
Deposit at least $200 each month and make no withdrawals to get rewarded with bonus interest. Your funds are available at call, you can make free unlimited online transfers to your transaction account whenever you want.
- Cash Management Account
The Cash Management Account rewards you with a tiered rate of interest starting at the minimum account balance of $5,000. Earn a higher rate of interest as your increase your account balance. Get at call access to your money by making transfers to another account when you register for QPCU internet banking.
- Christmas Club Account
A restricted access rewarding savings account that can help you save enough for Christmas and holiday spending. Make free account withdrawals between the 1st of November and the 31st of December. You’ll pay a withdrawal fee to access your money before this period.
- Retirement Account
QPCU’s savings account for eligible retirees and pensioners. Interest is based on the federal government’s deeming rates. Make unlimited free online withdrawals to a transaction account to access in this retirement savings account.
- Junior Saver Account
A savings account for kids under 12 years old. The Junior Saver is a fee free account that offers at call access to savings. Parents or guardians can make unlimited withdrawals from this account online or at a QPCU branch.
What term deposits are offered by QPCU?
- Term Deposit
A term deposit gives you a guaranteed return on your investment. Invest a minimum of $2,000 at a fixed rate for as little as 3 months or as long as 60 months. Pay no monthly or establishment fees and choose from a range of interest payment options.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with QPCU?
- ATM Network. QPCU have a wide number of ATM partners. Make free ATM withdrawals at rediATMs, Westpac Group ATMs (St George, Bank Of Queensland, Bank SA) and NAB ATMs.
- Fee free banking. QPCU transaction and savings account are fee free. Pay no establishment fees or ongoing monthly fees.
- 5 free ATM withdrawals. You can make up to 5 free ATM withdrawal from QPCU non-partner ATMS each month.
- Visa Debit Card. A Visa Debit Card can be issued with the On Call Transaction Account. Make payWave transactions, shop online or over the counter.
- Branch access. QPCU have fewer branches than mainstream banking institutions such as the Big Four Banks. Bank@Post lets you do your banking at Australia Post retail outlets.
- Eligibility. You must be a member of the Queensland public service to apply for a QPCU savings account.
How do I apply for a QPCU account?
Follow the links to be redirected to the QPCU website and a secure online application for a transaction or deposit product. An application for a QPCU transaction or savings account can be completed in under 10 minutes.
- Start an online application. You can apply for one of these accounts if you or a family member belongs to one of the following public services: Police, fire, emergency, corrective services, community safety or Queensland government body.
- Verify your identity. You’ll need to verify your identity to complete the application using a primary photographic I.D such as your passport or drivers licence. If QPCU can’t verify your identity online, you’ll be contacted by a QPCU representative with information about the next steps to complete your application.
To become a member of QPCU you will need to buy a share of the credit union. QPCU will provide you with instructions about how to buy a share when you complete the identification verification process. This gives you a say in how QPCU is run.