With various accounts offering bonus interest for good saving habits, your money can grow with My Credit Union.
In 2011 Industries Mutual Credit Union merged with Resources Credit Union, combining products and resources under the My Credit Union brand. This has allowed them to provide members with savings and transactions accounts to meet the financial needs of every stage of your life.
Who is My Credit Union?
My Credit Union takes into consideration the various financial needs of its members, offering a variety of accounts specifically structured to meet them. You can be motivated to save more with higher interest rates, or just passively put money away when you can for a rainy day. With a number of access methods and internet banking availability, these accounts are simple to manage and maintain.
What is internet banking like for My Credit Union?
The internet banking platform offered by My Credit Union gives you 24 hour access to your accounts without any fees. You will need to register for the service first, either online or in a branch, but there are no fees to get started. Get extra security by also registering for one time passwords, where you are sent a unique password via SMS each time you want to login to your online banking account.
Once you have received your password and banking information you can begin to take advantage of the many features that are a part of My Credit Union’s online banking platform
- It's free
- Check account balances and transaction histories
- Print transaction history
- Bill pay through BPAY
- Periodic payments
- Interest earning history from the prior year
- Redraw facility for home loan customers
- Sending secure messages to My Credit Union
What transaction accounts are offered by My Credit Union?
- My Access Account. An account designed to help you with your daily expenses, you can manage your money using internet and phone banking to pay bills and set up regular payments. Attach a Visa debit card to the account and also be able to make purchases and withdrawals at call.
- My Visa Access Account. If eligible you can have an overdraft facility attached to your transaction account to help cover you when your expenses exceed your available balance.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by My Credit Union?
- My Special Savings Account. With this account you can conveniently keep your money earmarked for special purposes, like bill paying, separate from your everyday spending money. No ATM or EFTPOS access is permitted, but you can use internet banking to set up periodic payments and use BPAY.
- My Christmas Club. With limits on withdrawals and deposits as often as you can, you will have all that you need to fill everyone’s Christmas stocking. With this account you earn a competitive interest rate on your balance, which can be accessed for free starting in November.
- My Maxi-Savings. This account offers tiered interest rates, paying you more for higher balances. Directly deposit your salary, and access your money when needed using online banking and BPAY.
- My Serious Savings. An account designed to meet the needs of pensioners, My Serious Savings allows for either a Visa debit card or rediCARD to access your money. You can also use internet and phone banking for direct credits and payments.
- My Net Reward Saver. Earn a higher interest rate on your savings by using only internet or phone banking for all of your transactions. Direct credit of your salary is allowed, along with periodic payments and BPAY.
- My Kidz. With no fees and a higher interest rates kids can accelerate their savings growth. There is no minimum balance to maintain, yet the money is not easily accessible, allowing for the balance to build.
- My E-Saver. Increase your balance by at least $500 each month and you will earn a competitive interest rate on your money. This account allows for online and phone access to transfer funds and make your monthly bill payments.
What term deposits are offered by My Credit Union?
- Term deposit. An ideal account to stash away cash that you don’t need right now, a term deposit offers you fixed interest rates for a set amount of time on your deposit. The minimum deposit amount is $2,000 and you are given the option to receive interest payments monthly, annually or at maturity only.
- Edvest Term Deposit. For members who are at least 55 years of age, this term deposit is available for investments of one or two years only. You choose how often interest is paid to you at a competitive fixed rate.
What are the pros and cons of banking with My Credit Union?
- Versatility. With the accounts that are offered by My Credit Union you will find that various needs can be met.
- Mobile app. In conjunction with the internet banking service, you are able to bank on the go with the use of the My Credit Union app that allows for many of the same functions.
- ATM access. My Credit Union is a part of the rediATM network, giving you access to your money through thousands of ATMs across Australia.
- Bank@Post. You can use any Australian Bank@Post locations to make deposits and withdrawals as if at a branch.
- Branch access. My Credit Union only has four physical branches, which may not be convenient for those who prefer to bank face to face.
- Membership. In order to be able to benefit from one of My Credit Union accounts you must first apply to become a member.
How do I apply for a My Credit Union account?
Applications for all of My Credit Union savings and transaction accounts are available online. You do have to become a member first, at which time you will provide the financial institution with your personal details, tax file number and identification. With all of that already done, you only need to fill out a short application form online that includes your membership number in order to open an account. Once it has been established, you will be given the account details and any debit card you may have chosen will be sent to your address.