fixed for 6 months
Term Deposit Offer
No account set-up fees or ongoing fees to pay.
The CUA Term Deposit offers a large range of term lengths from 1 month to five years. Minimum opening deposit is $5,000.
- Minimum investment: $5,000
- Monthly fees: $0
Compare CUA personal banking below
Awards the CUA has earned
- Money Magazine Consumer Finance Awards – Credit Union of the Year 2015
- AB+F Awards – Australian Financial Institution of the Year Non Big Four 2015
Who is CUA?
CUA operates across all of Australia, inviting all residents to join with no restrictions. Now over 400,000 Australians choose CUA for their banking needs.
Mobile Banking AppImage Source: App Store
What transaction accounts does CUA offer?
- CUA Everyday Account. The everyday account provides you with a Visa debit card, allowing you to make direct debit purchases where is Visa is accepted, as well as withdraw cash with no fees at any one of the over 3,000 rediATMs found in Australia. Help your savings, or someone else’s, grow with a top up feature that transfers your spare change to a savings account with every Visa purchase made over $10.
- CUA Everyday Youth Account. Young Australians aged 10 to 17 can manage their own pocket money from a fee free transaction account. Depending on your age you will either be issued a Visa debit card or rediCARD to use to make your daily purchases and cash withdrawals.
- CUA Everyday 50+ Account. Managing your retirement and pension funds can be done with ease, using one fully equipped transaction account where interest is also earned at a competitive rate on your balance. Seniors are also provided flexibility in the way they choose to bank, with both online access to their money or teller assisted transactions at a local branch.
What high interest savings accounts does CUA have?
- CUA Youth eSaver Account. Designed to meet the savings ambitions of 10 to 17 year olds, the Youth eSaver is an online savings account with a high rate of interest no matter how many withdrawals or deposits you make in a month. On your 18th birthday, this account will automatically revert to the standard eSaver Account from CUA.
- CUA eSaver Flexi Account. An online savings account with an ongoing, variable rate and no deposit or withdrawal conditions.
- CUA eSaver Reward Account. Earn bonus interest when you deposit $1,000 or more to your CUA everyday transaction account. You can make withdrawals and still earn interest.
What term deposits can CUA provide?
With a minimum deposit of $5,000, you can lock your savings into a CUA term deposit for one month or up to three years. This high interest earning savings account rewards you with higher interest the longer you keep it in your account. Keep in mind that these types of accounts do not allow easy access, and you will be charged the difference in interest and other fees if you withdraw the money before the end of the terms you signed on for.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with CUA?
- Convenience. CUA savings accounts are managed from online, making it easy to keep track of its growth.
- Bonus rates. With the completion of certain monthly conditions, your savings can be boosted with a bonus interest rate.
- Youth accounts. CUA provides specially structured accounts for young Australians to learn both how to save and how to manage their daily expenses.
- Discounted health insurance. CUA members can benefit from a 4% discount on CUA Health insurance. Find out more here.
- Not that many branches. There aren't many CUA bank branches in smaller / regional areas.
How do I apply for an account offered by CUA?
Before applying for a CUA account, you should compare the account features against others offered in the market to see if the account meets your personal financial needs. If you like the features of the CUA savings accounts, first become a member of the credit union by visiting a branch and providing them with the proper identifying documents.
- Application. Once you have become a member of CUA you are free to apply for their savings accounts products online.
- Eligibility. Keep in mind that some of the savings accounts offered by CUA are designed for certain age groups. Ensure that you are eligible for the account you are applying for by clicking the age requirement careful.
- Linked account details. You will need to be prepared with your linked account information so that you can begin to make deposits into your new savings account.
It is possible that CUA will ask for additional information before issuing a savings account in your name. Once they have verified your identity, the account details will be sent to you and you can begin making your deposits. Ensure that you have compared the account details and features carefully before making a commitment with your savings to any one account.
Ask an Expert