With two decades of experience, CommSec provides Australians with real solutions to making your own investments online.
CommSec is an Australian online investment broker, offering you access to a number of markets and products from one convenient account. There are no charges for joining CommSec, and you will not have to pay any ongoing monthly fees for use of their investment services. You will however have to pay brokerage fees on your individual trades, but if you sign up now you will receive $600 worth of free trading to help get you started on building your wealth.
- Money Magazine Best of the Best Award – Since 2008 CommSec has been awarded the Best of the Best award each year by Money Magazine for the Best Feature-Packed Online Broker, including 2016.
Who is CommSec?
For over 20 years CommSec has been building a reputation as one of Australia’s leading online brokerage service providers. Now with a customer base of over 1.5 million Australians, they offer a multitude of trading solutions that includes not only domestic trade options, but the ability to grow your wealth through overseas investments. Operating entirely online, they not only provide you with investment opportunities, they can also help in increasing your profit growing potential with margin and leverage loans.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Login page||Trading||Set ATM pin|
What trading products are offered by CommSec?
As an online brokerage firm, CommSec is able to offer you access to the same trading opportunities as any other broker. This will include investments in:
- Australian shares - Historically, the Australian stock market has provided better, long term returns compared to other investments.
- Managed funds - These are great tool to diversify your portfolio. As an investor you buy individual units, rather than shares.
- CFDs - This is a flexible leveraged product where you’re exposed to price movements.
- International shares - With Commsec you can access 25 international markets, including the New York Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange.
- Exchange traded funds - These are funds that trade on the stock exchange, similar to ordinary shares. Each ETF represents a basket of securities.
- Interest rate securities - These are debt investments that pay a fixed or variable rate of return. You’re lending money to an issuer where they pay you back with interest.
- Warrants - This is a type of derivative to borrow money to invest in stocks.
Does CommSec provide any trade support and help?
Through CommSec you are also able to access expert advice and tips through live coverage of the markets, a series of up to date analysis reports from leading Australian companies and CommSec TV. You can also get instant help and feedback from other investors in the CommSec community through their live Twitter account.
What types of accounts are available with CommSec?
When you sign up with CommSec you will be asked to choose between an individual, joint, SMSF, trust or company account. By choosing the right account for your circumstance you can ensure that you are getting access to the services that meet your trading needs.Back to top
How do I apply for a CommSec account?
You can sign up for CommSec online by clicking “Go to Site” now. It is free to join, and new members are given an initial $600 allowance to use towards their brokerage fees. This offer expires on 31 July 2016, and you must open the CommSec Direct Investment Account (CDIA) in order to be eligible. Any free trades must be made within the first three months after you open your account. Other eligibility requirements that you should know about before proceeding to the application include:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age if you want to join CommSec and take advantage of their online trading platform.
- Residency requirements. CommSec products and membership are only available to Australian residents who can provide an Australian residential and postal address.
- Depository requirements. There is no minimum deposit required for opening a CommSec account. If you are an existing NetBank or CommSec customer you can link your accounts and make your transfers to begin trading almost immediately.
If you are eligible to join CommSec gather the following documentation in order to make filling in the paperwork easier:
- Tax file number. Providing CommSec with your tax file number (TFN) or exemption codes is optional.
- Identification. CommSec will ask for your personal details including your date of birth and current mobile number.
Once you are given the details of your CommSec online trading account you can begin to make trades as soon as you transfer funds into the account. Keep in mind that you have three months to use your $600 in brokerage fees before that offer expires.