Coles Financial Services now provides an easy and convenient way to shop everywhere where Mastercard is accepted.
The Aussie supermarket giant has dipped its toes into the financial services industry and have developed Coles Financial Services. The group aims to bring everyday financial products such as insurance, credit cards – and now, prepaid Mastercards to Aussie families. For more than 100 years, Coles has been producing quality groceries and now under the credit facility provided by Wesfarmers Finance, is looking to increase competition in the financial space. Since the group doesn't currently accept deposits, there is no requirement for the Government Guarantee.
Compare Coles debit cards below
|Image||Name||Details||Card Issue Fee||Load Fee / Limit||Monthly Service Fee||Find out More|
|Coles Reloadable Mastercard||Earn 0.50 flybuys point per $1 spend||$10||$0, up to $1,000||$0||Read review|
|Coles Gift Mastercard||Give the freedom to shop at more than 38 million locations worldwide.||$5||N/A, up to $1,000||$0||Read review|
|Coles Online Mastercard||Start shopping in under 5 minutes of purchasing the card online.||$5||N/A, up to $1,000||$0||Read review|
Awards that Coles have earned for their credit cards
- Money Magazine – Best Non-bank transaction credit cards and rewards credit card 2014 and 2015
- AB+F – Innovative Card and Payment Product of Year 2015
Who is Coles Financial Services?
At this current point in time, Coles Financial Services doesn't offer bank or savings accounts. It only provides prepaid Mastercards where you need to load the card with funds before you can use it. It operate predominantly online and has no branches, but rather conducts business within its supermarkets.
What prepaid Mastercards or debit cards are offered by Coles Financial Services?
Coles Reloadable Mastercard
Purchase this card for a one-off fee of $10 and collect 1 flybuys point for every $2 you spend. Reloading is free and there are no ongoing fees. Load up to $1,000.
Coles Gift Mastercard
If you can't decide on a gift, this gift card offers the flexibility of being accepted at more than 38 million locations. There is a one-off fee of $5 to purchase and you can add your own personalised message when you purchase online.
Coles Online Mastercard
This is a virtual card that you can use for online purchases. There is a one-off fee of $5 to purchase and you can start using it within 5 minutes to shop online.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with Coles?
- Acceptance. Mastercard offers one of the highest acceptance rates in the world, with more than 38 millions locations internationally.
- Management. Coles offers an online portal for you to keep track of your balance.
- Security. The group also offers peace of mine with 24 hour worldwide protection in case your card is stolen or compromised.
- No linked account. Depending on your needs, this account may not be suitable as it doesn't come with a bank account.
- One-off purchase fee. Each charge charges an establishment fee of some sort.
How do I apply for a Coles prepaid Mastercard?
The fastest way to apply for the Coles prepaid Mastercard is online. You don't need a good credit history or a bank account to get started.
Information required from you
- Initial load value – Needs to be between $10 and $100. Once the card has been activated, you can load up to $1,000.
- flybuys membership number – If you're a member, you can quote your flybuys number to start earning points on eligible prepaid cards.
- Personal details – Including the address that you'd like the card sent to.
Once you've completed the purchase, you'll receive the card in the mail. Then all you need to do is activate it (following the instructions provided by Coles) and you'll be able to start spending.