Compare Coles debit cards
Coles Financial Services now provides an easy and convenient way to shop everywhere where Mastercard is accepted.
The Aussie supermarket giant has dipped its toes into the financial services industry and have developed Coles Financial Services. The group aims to bring everyday financial products such as insurance, credit cards – and now, prepaid Mastercards to Aussie families.
Coles has been producing quality groceries and now under the credit facility provided by Wesfarmers Finance, is looking to increase competition in the financial space. Since the group doesn't currently accept deposits, there is no requirement for the Government Guarantee.
Compare Coles debit cards below
|Image||Name||Details||Card Issue Fee||Load Fee / Limit||Monthly Service Fee||Find out More|
|Coles Gift Mastercard||Give the freedom to shop at more than 38 million locations worldwide.||$5||N/A, up to $1,000||$0||Read review|
Awards that Coles have earned for their credit cards
- Money Magazine – Best Non-bank transaction credit cards and rewards credit card 2014 and 2015
- AB+F – Innovative Card and Payment Product of Year 2015
Who is Coles Financial Services?
At this current point in time, Coles Financial Services doesn't offer bank or savings accounts. It only provides prepaid Mastercards where you need to load the card with funds before you can use it.
What prepaid Mastercards or debit cards does Coles Financial Services offer?
Coles Gift Mastercard
If you can't decide on a gift, this gift card offers the flexibility of being accepted at more than 38 million locations. There is a one-off fee of $5 to purchase. You can purchase these in store at Coles supermarkets.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
What are the pros and cons of banking with Coles?
- Acceptance. Mastercard offers one of the highest acceptance rates in the world, with more than 38 millions locations internationally.
- Management. Coles offers an online portal for you to keep track of your balance.
- Security. The group also offers peace of mine with 24 hour worldwide protection in case your card is stolen or compromised.
- No linked account. Depending on your needs, this account may not be suitable as it doesn't come with a bank account.
- One-off purchase fee. Each charge charges an establishment fee of some sort.
How do I apply for a Coles prepaid Mastercard?
You can purchase a Coles prepaid Mastercard in-store at Coles supermarkets. You don't need a good credit history or a bank account to get started.
Information required from you
- Initial load value – Needs to be between $10 and $100. Once the card has been activated, you can load up to $1,000.
- flybuys membership number – If you're a member, you can quote your flybuys number to start earning points on eligible prepaid cards.
Once you've got the card, all you need to do is activate it (following the instructions provided by Coles) and you'll be able to start spending.
Ask an Expert