You could achieve your financial goals when you choose to invest it in a Blue Sky account.
Providing banking products under the support of Australian Unity, Big Sky Building Society is an Australian-wide institution in operation for over 40 years. They are customer owned, yet still abide by the same rules and regulations as big banks do, even sharing the same government guarantee on your deposits.
Awards that Big Sky has earned
- Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards – Cash Management Account of the Year in both 2013 and 2014.
Who is Big Sky?
Open an account designed to give you a boost at Christmas time, or think further ahead with a number of high interest accounts geared towards setting you up for future financial freedom. The interest rates are competitive compared to what big banks offer, giving you plenty of opportunity to grow your investments.
What is internet banking like for Big Sky?
With Big Sky’s internet banking facilities you will find an easy and secure way to access your accounts anytime. They have also added a mobile app as an option which can be downloaded on your iOS or android mobile device. If your phone is running on Android KitKat 4.4 or higher, you can even turn it into a mobile payment device, using it to tap and pay in place of a debit card.
Registering for internet banking with Big Sky is a simple step towards convenient banking with a number of easy to use features.
Notable features include:
- View of account balance and transaction details
- Bill payment through BPAY
- Access to your home loans redraw facility
- Download and print your account statements
- Money transfers between your Big Sky accounts or with other financial institutions
- Ability to open a term deposit or new savings account
- Update your current contact details
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Login page||Account balance||Transfer and overseas transfers|
What transaction accounts are offered by Big Sky?
- Everyday Account. Take advantage of a transaction account that gives you a number of access options to choose from. This includes choosing being a linked Visa debit card, rediCard, or a credit card if you qualify.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Big Sky?
- Net Invest. Earn interest at a higher rate with this internet and telephone based savings account. No minimum balance is required, but you will need to link the account to another in order to be able to make transfers easily.
- Cash Management. Even though your funds are available at call, you are still able to earn a high interest rate on your balance with this award winning account. There is also a Cash Management Account available if you are looking for a secure place to hold your SMSF investment cash.
- Christmas Club. Start saving in January and you can avoid using credit come time to do your Christmas shopping. This account only allows for deposits until December, but rewards you by paying a competitive interest rate on the balance.
- Golden Saver. Structured to suit the needs of retired Australians over the age of 55, this account offers interest in line with the government’s deeming rates. The rates are tiered to give you a bigger return on larger investment amounts, with payments being made into the account quarterly. You will need an Everyday Account in order to be able to make transactions with the Golden Saver.
- eKids Saver. Young Australians are given a head start in saving with a special account just for kids. Not only will they earn interest for their efforts, but Big Sky provides them with free gifts to make banking fun.
- Target Saver. Set the goal you want to reach, or the date you need to reach it by, and you are rewarded with a higher interest rate. You must be willing to make at least a six month commitment to only adding money to your account.
What term deposits are offered by Big Sky?
- Term deposits. The Big Sky term deposit for individuals allows for investments starting at $1,000 for terms that go as high as six years. You will need to have an Everyday Savings Account in order to be able to receive your interest payments and transfer your principal balance.
- SMSF term deposits. You can increase your SMSF through a term deposit that locks your investment away for one month or up to five years. Take advantage of a high interest rate that increases when you invest for longer periods of time.
What are the pros and cons of banking with Big Sky?
- ATM access. Big Sky is a part of the rediATM network allowing you to access your accounts at over 3,000 ATMs across Australia.
- Bank@Post. You are permitted to make deposits and withdrawals easily at any of the 3,200 Bank@Post outlets.
- SMS Banking. If you choose to register for SMS Banking you can have account alerts and details sent directly to your mobile phone.
- Investment options. Big Sky provides you with high interest earning savings options for both personal and SMSF investments.
- Membership. Big Sky is a customer owned financial institution requiring you to first apply for membership before you can open an account.
- Interest rates. While the interest rates are competitive, there are few opportunities to encourage you to save more by paying bonus interest for meeting good saving terms.
How do I apply for a Big Sky account?
If you are already an existing Big Sky customer, applying for certain accounts can be done through your internet banking platform. New customers will first need to fill out a membership application, which will also allow for you to apply for the account or accounts of your choice at the same time. Most applications are available online, but in a few cases you will need to download the form and send the physical copy to Big Sky.