Whatever's brought you to Bangkok, whether it's the affordable 5-star hotels and incredible shopping opportunities or its impressive temples and notorious nightlife, we've collected the best hotel stays close to the action.
Our top Bangkok hotel picks
How did we pick these Bangkok hotels?
Our editorial team selected the Bangkok hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Where to stay in Bangkok
A quick guide to the most popular areas to stay in Bangkok.
- City Centre: The centre of Bangkok sits to the east of the Chao Phraya River and includes popular districts and attractions such as the MBK Center and Siam Square. You'll likely stay within this circle, though being so large you'll also want to narrow down your districts further.
- Siam Square: The "cool" place to be, Siam Square offers the latest trends from fashion to food and activities. The hotels here veer on the side of luxe, however there is a little something for everbody.
- Sukhumvit Road: Being the longest road in Thailand, you'll have to be a little specific when searching for places to stay on this road. Most opt to stay near Soi Cowboy for a night of debauchery in one of the city's most famous red light districts.
- Khao San Road: This is the iconic backpacker hub filled with late-night bars, clubs, street eats and market shopping.
- Old Town / Rattanakosin: Located just north of China Town, Old Town is the place to immerse yourself in the city's history, culture and most gilded attractions. This includes the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Mahathat temples.
- Riverside: Staying riverside lets you keep close to the city's famous temples which line the Chao Phraya River. Choose your hotel wisely and you can also catch river views from your hotel room.
- Pratunam: Most recognised for its markets, Pratunam is a hub of shopping opportunities and street food. It boasts a mixture of backpacker style hostels and high-end hotels, including the tallest hotel in South East Asia, Baiyoke Sky Hotel.
Which sites let me book Bangkok accommodation with free cancellation?
These sites let you make a refundable booking for your trip to Bangkok, so there's less risk of losing the cost of your stay or deposit. Some sites only offer free cancellation on select Bangkok hotels or at a slightly higher rate, so it's best to check the terms on your booking before confirming your stay.
Most sites, like Wotif or Expedia, will clearly state whether each Bangkok hotel is non-refundable.
See the latest coupon codes
Which sites let me use a coupon code to book Bangkok accommodation?
Using one of our coupon codes at these sites will save you money on your Bangkok stay. Some may ask you to pay for your stay upfront rather than on arrival in order to apply the code to your Bangkok booking, but the same cancellation policy does apply so if you are able to cancel, you'll be able to get refunded.
Which sites let me book Bangkok accommodation without a credit card?
If you don't have a credit card to make your Bangkok booking, but would like to reap the rewards of one, compare credit cards that offer hotel rewards here
Which Bangkok hotel booking sites have rewards programs?
Get access to cheaper prices, collect points toward free stays and get extra perks like Wi-Fi or breakfast if you book your Bangkok accommodation on sites like these:
- Wotif: Part of the same family, Wotif lets you access the same benefits as the Expedia Rewards program. You'll get access to lower rates and earn points, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Depending on how often you make bookings, you'll be able to get bigger discounts and earn more perks like breakfast.
- Agoda: PointsMAX lets you earn up to 6,000 points for your stay that you can put toward a preferred loyalty or frequent flyer program, including KrisFlyer and Velocity.
- Trip.com: Trip Coins is Trip.com's rewards program where you can earn $1 for every 100 Trip Coins. It's free to join the program. Membership tiers from Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond have different perks to enjoy.
- Hotels.com: Collect one stamp for every night's stay. Once you stay for 10 nights, you'll be able to redeem one free night up to the average value of your previous 10 nights.
- Expedia.com.au: Access lower rates as a member and earn Expedia points on bookings, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Different levels of membership get you access to deeper discounts and perks, such as free breakfasts.
- Marriott: The Marriott Bonvoy Benefits program lets you earn points towards free nights, access special member rates, get free Wi-Fi with your stay and check into your room via the mobile app. There are different status levels depending on how often you stay, starting with Silver Elite (10 nights per year).
Bangkok hotel deals