Asia flights from $368 return
Cheap flights to Bangkok for 2021
Find flight deals from across Australia to Bangkok international airports.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Thai capital of Bangkok is a haven of temples, markets and street food. Popular activities for travellers include lots of shopping, authentic Thai massages, learning to cook delicious, local cuisine and experiencing the colourful nightlife.
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) is a major international transfer hub, while Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK) serves most domestic and low-cost carrier flights. Regular direct flights are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Our latest Bangkok flight deals
How long does it take to fly to Bangkok from Australia?
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 50 mins + when flying direct to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 9 hrs 20 mins + when flying direct to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 9 hrs 20 mins + when flying direct to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 7 hrs + when flying direct to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
Which airlines fly to Bangkok direct from Australia?
- Thai Airways
When's the best time to book Christmas flights to Bangkok?
The golden rule about flight tickets might be the earlier you book, the cheaper the fare but that's not so true with flights to Bangkok according to Skyscanner data.
For Christmas flights your cheapest flights come out between October and the beginning of November. If you're flying out of Sydney, your sweet spot is the first week of October while from Perth waiting as late as November can save you up to 6%.
You can take advantage of cheaper flights scheduled before 6 December (one-way prices can start from under $300). After this date, one-way fares rise steadily.
Return journeys towards the end of December and around 10 January cost close to $400. After which they steadily drop.
Bangkok insider flight tips
- Multiple airlines operate frequent direct flights to BKK from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
- Depending on how long you’ll be spending in Bangkok, time of day is a big thing to consider when booking your flights. If you’re someone who can sleep on the plane then look out for overnight flights as this maximises your time when you get there. You might want to avoid wasting an entire day in transit if you’re only going for a few days.
- You can save an average of $100-$300 return on flights to Bangkok from Melbourne, Sydney or Perth by travelling on a budget airline such as Scoot or AirAsia. These flights stop in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, adding on an extra 3-5 hours to your journey and landing at DMK. From Brisbane Thai Airways’ direct flights to BKK are generally the most economical option, otherwise you can fly with Jetstar and change in Sydney or Melbourne.
How to get into Bangkok from the airport
BKK is a major international transit hub located 30km (about 30 minutes) east of the city centre. It connects visitors easily to the city via Airport Rail Link. Regular airport express buses are also available or you can head for a counter in the arrivals hall to book a private or shared transfer. Shared transfer shuttle buses leave once the vehicle is full and charge a flat fee depending on your destination.
From DMK there are public trains and buses to central Bangkok. The train station is opposite the airport and connects to Hua Lamphong Station in the city centre in around 50 minutes. Air-conditioned buses leave from outside the arrivals area to the station and central areas of Bangkok.
If you’ve pre-booked a hotel they will usually be happy to arrange hassle-free airport transfers for you from either BKK or DMK. If you take a taxi, head straight to a metered taxi driver and ignore touts offering a cheap price as unfortunately many are scams. Always make sure the driver knows exactly where you are going – show the hotel name written down and agree on a price before getting in. Metered taxis are at level one from BKK arrivals and in front of both passenger terminals at DMK.
More guides on Finder
Virgin sale: $59 flights throughout winter
EXPIRED: Take your pick from one of the flexible flight deals in Virgin's rest of Australia sale.
Qantas half price flights from $70 on “almost every destination”
Find out how you're saving yourself $58 on a return flight with this Qantas sale.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Cheap flights to Christchurch (CHC) you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Best Montreal Hotels to book in 2021
Find great deals on hotels around the Montreal area that suit your way of travelling.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2021
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Ask an Expert