New year, new hair.
A new school year has begun so it's time for a fresh hairstyle. We've put together a few back to school styles to inspire your next hairdo. Simple and on trend, these are styles that be completed in just a few minutes - because nobody has time to spend an hour completing an elaborate hair-masterpiece before school in the mornings.
Best of all, these easy styles work on all ages. Whether you're a senior high school student looking for something fresh or a parent trying to get your daughter ready for school, we've found the perfect back to school hairstyles.
The half bun
The half bun or half top-knot is one of the most popular styles at the moment. Whether you have long hair or short, this style work for you.
- First use a dry shampoo or texturising spray (we love Batiste) to give the hair some volume and texture.
- Then section off the hair on the crown and twirl into a long twist.
- Wrap the twist into a bun and secure with and elastic and bobby pins.
The long ponytail
This two part pony give the illusion of a ponytail that it much longer than if you created a traditional pony. This is a great style for medium and short hair but works on long hair too. It's a good idea to use a little hair oil before you get started as this is a sleek style. Hair oil will keep the fly-aways to a minimum.
- Section off the hair on the crown of the head and pull into a ponytail at the back of the head.
- Move this top pony aside and pull the remain hair into a second ponytail that sits slightly below the first.
- Allow the first pony to fall over the second and fluff it up to make sure it covers the base of the pony below. You can use a texturising spray if your hair need more volume.
The triple braid
This is a great style for voluminous, wavy or long hair. This pretty style looks complicated but is actually very simple. Great for days when you want a beautiful result for very little effort.
- Brush the hair back to cover the natural part and divide into three sections.
- Plait each section. Start the plait quite loosely at the top but gradually make it tighter.
- Then use the three plaits to make a bigger plait. Finish with hairspray to keep it in place.
The easy ballerina bun
This is an easy take on a classic style. It's great because a ballerina bun actually looks nicer when it's a little messy, so you don't have to worry about being too perfect.
- Pull all of the hair back into a high ponytail. Don't worry about being too neat. If tendrils of hair escape, it just adds to the effect.
- Separate the hair into two sections, one large thick section and a smaller section.
- Loosely twirl the thick section and wrap it into a bun. Secure this with a few bobby pins.
- Twirl the small section into a twist and wrap it around the base of the bun. Secure with bobby pins.
It doesn't take much to create beautiful hair. Some of the most complicated styles only require a few tools and products. We recommend always having bobby pins, hair elastics and a hair brush on hand. These are the foundations of any amazing hair creation. It is also necessary to keep a dry shampoo or texture spray, hair oil and hairspray in your cupboard. The dry shampoo will help create texture and body, the hair oil banishes fly-aways and adds shine and the hairspray keeps it all in place.
Here are the products we love.
Deals on hairstyling and beauty
Show code & visit siteRE****
Show code & visit siteAS****
Show code & visit siteNE****
Show code & visit siteLO****
Show code & visit sitePE****
Show code & visit siteSH****
Show code & visit siteAL****
Show code & visit siteIN****
Show code & visit siteBO****