New year, new hair.
A new school year has begun so it's time for a fresh hairstyle. We've put together a few back to school styles to inspire your next hairdo. Simple and on trend, these are styles that be completed in just a few minutes - because nobody has time to spend an hour completing an elaborate hair-masterpiece before school in the mornings.
Best of all, these easy styles work on all ages. Whether you're a senior high school student looking for something fresh or a parent trying to get your daughter ready for school, we've found the perfect back to school hairstyles.
The half bun
The half bun or half top-knot is one of the most popular styles at the moment. Whether you have long hair or short, this style work for you.
- First use a dry shampoo or texturising spray (we love Batiste) to give the hair some volume and texture.
- Then section off the hair on the crown and twirl into a long twist.
- Wrap the twist into a bun and secure with and elastic and bobby pins.
The long ponytail
This two part pony give the illusion of a ponytail that it much longer than if you created a traditional pony. This is a great style for medium and short hair but works on long hair too. It's a good idea to use a little hair oil before you get started as this is a sleek style. Hair oil will keep the fly-aways to a minimum.
- Section off the hair on the crown of the head and pull into a ponytail at the back of the head.
- Move this top pony aside and pull the remain hair into a second ponytail that sits slightly below the first.
- Allow the first pony to fall over the second and fluff it up to make sure it covers the base of the pony below. You can use a texturising spray if your hair need more volume.
The triple braid
This is a great style for voluminous, wavy or long hair. This pretty style looks complicated but is actually very simple. Great for days when you want a beautiful result for very little effort.
- Brush the hair back to cover the natural part and divide into three sections.
- Plait each section. Start the plait quite loosely at the top but gradually make it tighter.
- Then use the three plaits to make a bigger plait. Finish with hairspray to keep it in place.
The easy ballerina bun
This is an easy take on a classic style. It's great because a ballerina bun actually looks nicer when it's a little messy, so you don't have to worry about being too perfect.
- Pull all of the hair back into a high ponytail. Don't worry about being too neat. If tendrils of hair escape, it just adds to the effect.
- Separate the hair into two sections, one large thick section and a smaller section.
- Loosely twirl the thick section and wrap it into a bun. Secure this with a few bobby pins.
- Twirl the small section into a twist and wrap it around the base of the bun. Secure with bobby pins.
It doesn't take much to create beautiful hair. Some of the most complicated styles only require a few tools and products. We recommend always having bobby pins, hair elastics and a hair brush on hand. These are the foundations of any amazing hair creation. It is also necessary to keep a dry shampoo or texture spray, hair oil and hairspray in your cupboard. The dry shampoo will help create texture and body, the hair oil banishes fly-aways and adds shine and the hairspray keeps it all in place.
Here are the products we love.
100% Pure Wooden Gentle Bristle Brush
Batiste Dry Shampoo
Gliders Non Slip Sports Brands
De Lorenzo Elements Sandstorm Dry Texture Spray
Wella SP Luxe Oil Reconstructive Elixir
Models Prefer Mini Travel Tube Small Thin Snagless Hair Elastics
Matrix Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment
Models Prefer SOS Combo Pack Mini Travel Tube
Models Prefer Super Grip Bobby Pins
TRESemme Styling Hairspray Extra Hold
Andalou Medium Hold Hair Spray
Yarok Hair Spray - Feed Your Hold