Does your code have soul?
Hold up! Before you read on, we'd like to know a few things about you.
- Are you an expert PHP OO coder?
- Are you ready to use your coding skills to solve difficult problems?
- Are you passionate about every line of code that you write?
- Are you keen to push the boundaries of what PHP can do for our business?
Yes on all counts? Perfect! We'd love to hear from you and want you to work with us!
finder.com.au, a large Australian financial comparison website, is seeking a Back-end PHP Web Developer to assist in taking our comparison business to the next level.
Does your code have soul? ...
- Work with the Design and Technology team to make our websites FAST and reliable
- Contribute to new technology initiatives such as load balanced databases and web servers
- Primarily working on the back-end alongside a dedicated team of front-end developers
- Provide expertise working within a large development team to help us scale our development processes
You're a thinker that can apply novel solutions to problems using innovative code. You think logically and analytically. You should be eager to learn more, be curious about new technology and techniques and how they can help our business. You also need to be a strong communicator, have the ability to clearly explain your ideas and back them up with data.
- At least a few years experience writing amazing object oriented PHP (5.2 and 5.3)
- You know your way around Linux, MySQL and Apache
- You have strong source control (GIT) experience
- You have experience with release management and understand its importance within the SDLC
- You've worked with high volume APIs
- Any experience with Amazon AWS (S3, EC2, Cloudfront) or delivering content across a CDN would be useful
- Know how to use tools such as New Relic to identify performance bottlenecks
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
finder.com.au - Your new family!
Working in our modern open office right in the heart of the city, you'll have access to our Happiness Kitchen which is always stocked with plenty of food, snacks, fresh fruit and our InfiniFridge. We'll give you dual 27" monitors as well as your choice of PC or Mac.
You will be immersed in a lively and stimulating environment where everyone is driven by the common denominator of being number one in our market.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com addressed to Ted Tencza with your resume, a short cover letter outlining some past projects you're proud of and answers to the following questions:
- If you put 3 black balls and 2 white balls into a hat. What is the % chance of pulling out a black then a white ball in a row?
- What is the percentage of space the finder.com.au logo takes up on its homepage?
- How many piano tuners are there in Australia?
- Write a pseudocode query to eliminate duplicate values from a data set
- There are two rooms separated by a wall, one room has three lamps, the other one has three switches. How do you find out which switch is for which lamp if you are only allowed to look at other room once?
- You have a balance scale and 12 coins, 1 of which is fake and weighs differently to the others. The fake weighs less. How do you determine the counterfeit in 3 weightings?
- What is your superpower?
- Why do you want to work for finder.com.au?
Simply mention "trampolines" in your subject line to immediately go to the next round.