If you've been invited to a baby shower but aren't quite sure what to give the mother who's expecting, here are some winning baby shower gifts to make her go "gaga" over.
There's a baby shower invite in your palm and you know you've got to give that expectant mother and her bub a gift that they'll love, cherish and use. We know a few that both mum and bub will love. We also know a few deals and coupons that are floating around to make sure you don't end up breaking the bank at the baby shower – because you know, that babe has a lifetime of birthday presents from you in its future, too.
Image: Instagram user hellocharlieau
Top baby shower gifts for October 2019
Maternity Nursing Sweat With Button Sides In Grey
I love You Mum Gift Box
Maternity Plunge Tie Waist Kimono In Icy Lilac
The Oil Garden - The Oil Garden Baby Cloud Ultrasonic Vaporiser
Skip Hop Pronto Signature Change Station - Grey Feather
Skin Juice Mummy To Be Box
Baby Bee Getting Started Kit
Skip Hop Bandana Buddies Monkey Stroller Toy
Lime Tree Kids
Galaxy Star Projector & Sound Machine
Lime Tree Kids
Love To Dream - Swaddle Up Transition Bag Warm White Medium
Leander - Cradle Canope
Bubba Blue - Koala Novelty Towel
Moby Evolution Wrap Charcoal
Mickey Mouse Infant to Toddler Rocker by Bright Starts
Fertile Mind - Belly Belt
Beaba - Babycook Solo
Bubba Blue - Bubba Blue 3pcs Home & Away Gift Pack
Bubba Blue - Rhino Run Musical Mobile
Bubba Blue - Beary Happy 3pc Bathtime Gift Set
Pack my diapers, I'm going fishing with my daddy Bib
Bubba Organics - Goats Milk & Manuka Honey Baby Essentials Gift Box
Boody Organic Bamboo eco Wear - 3-Pack Baby Sleeveless Bodysuits
Princess with Gold Crown with Diamond - Baby Girl Baby Blanket
Purebaby - Ultimate Essentials Hamper
Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems
Piccalilly Organic 3 Piece Baby Set - Malham Farm
Baby goes Retro
Nursing Your Baby Book
How to choose the perfect baby shower gift
Buying a baby shower gift is not as hard as you might think. There's a wealth of presents out there. Here are some ideas:
- Buy something practical. Opting for a practical gift like bottles, carry bags, prams and clothes for the baby will be appreciated by the expecting parents.
- Something for mum. People can get so caught up buying cute clothes for the baby that they forget mum needs things too. Spoil mum with nice clothes, a massage or a babysitter for when she needs a break from the long nights.
- Something cute. Cute products are super fun to shop for and are hands-down winners. Think clothes, baby shoes, muslin wraps or soft toys.
Are you planning the baby shower? Plan it perfectly with this handy guide.
When should I host a baby shower?
Typically, baby showers are held four to six weeks before the birth, but it's always a good idea to talk to the mum-to-be about the time that best fits her schedule. If you're determined to make it a surprise, loop in the dad-to-be or a close relative or friend to ensure the mother-to-be will be free that day.
Where should I host a baby shower?
Ideally, you don't want to host the baby shower at the mum-to-be's home. She would likely end up worrying about cleaning up and playing hostess. Instead, opt to hold it at your home or another close friend's home – a family member's home is another great option. If none of these work, a room at a local community hall, cafe, club or restaurant can work, too.
High tea is a perennial favourite for baby showers – and most major cities have plenty of options in swanky cafes as well as in grand hotel lobbies and restaurants. You might even be able to get a deal, discount or special offer through one of these deal sites.
If you want to go "all out", book somewhere super special in your nearest city.
When should the baby shower invites go out?
The invites should ideally go out about four to six weeks before the scheduled shower to ensure enough time for everyone to make plans. If possible, start a Facebook group too, so people can chat about the event beforehand and give each other updates. It's a great way to build excitement for the party and also to ask people any questions you need to prior to the event.
What baby shower games should we play?
- How well do you know the mum to be? Find out as much as possible about the mother-to-be then create a list of approximately 20 questions. Read the questions out and the guest with the most correct answers wins.
- Guess the baby photo: This is a total classic. Ask each guest to bring a picture of themselves as a baby and pin them to a board with a number assigned. Get the guests to guess which photo belongs to which shower-goer.
- Dirty nappies: This game sounds a bit gross, so do bear with us. Buy a few popular chocolate bars (all different textures and types) and melt individually in the microwave. Smudge each into a disposable nappy and have the guests guess which chocolate bar is which based on their senses (including smell) alone. This makes for some hilarious photos!
- Guess the celebrity baby name: Jot down a list of celebrity baby names (the stranger the better) and turn it into a quiz. See who can get the most celebrity parents correct.
- Baby songs: Have guests write down as many songs as possible that mention the word "baby".
Looking to save on your baby shower gift? See these current deals and specials:
Popular Baby Products - Category coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|1 May 2014||Baby goes Retro - Enjoy $50 off your orders over $300||BGR****|
|2 May 2014||ettitude - $5 off all your purchases||5co****|
|2 May 2014||ettitude - $10 off your first order||new****|
|11 Jan 2019||FREE delivery on selected baby gift boxes||********|
|1 May 2014||Baby goes Retro - Sale selection for savings up to 75%||********|