Baby shower gift ideas that are absolutely adorable
If you've been invited to a baby shower but aren't quite sure what to give the mother who's expecting, here are some winning baby shower gifts to make her go "gaga" over.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There's a baby shower invite in your palm and you know you've got to give that expectant mother and her bub a gift that they'll love, cherish and use. We know a few that both mum and bub will love. We also know a few deals and coupons that are floating around to make sure you don't end up breaking the bank at the baby shower – because you know, that babe has a lifetime of birthday presents from you in its future, too.
Image: Instagram user hellocharlieau
Top baby shower gifts for April 2021
Baby Made Inkless Print Photo Frame
Hugsie Baby Bathrobe
NAPPY BAG NEOPRENE
Willow Bay Australia Pty Ltd
Bath Time Fun (Unisex)
Personalised Night Light
4 in 1 Feeding Pillow
Little Kids Business
Disney Snow White With Bloomers
My First Library : Boxset of 10 Board Books for Kids Board book
Gift Card (eVoucher)
Rorie Baby Gift Set
100% Organic Deluxe Cuddly Koala
Gentle Bath & Body Wash
Ergobaby Embrace Carrier
Sleeping Monkey 1-Tier Nappy Cake
Little Kids Business
NUK Microwave Steam Steriliser
Personalised Money Box
3 In 1 Multi-functional Changing Pad Urine Mat
Baby Made All About Me Book
Maxomorra Organic Dribble Bib - Rainbow
Baby goes Retro
Memories Birth Certificate Holder with Stand
Memories Money Bank Train
Silver Plated Rattle
Cloud Wall Hanging
Brynn Baby Storage Basket
Calming Sleep Mist
SKIP HOP HUG & HIDE ACTIVITY GYM
Breathable Adjustable Reusable Cloth Diaper
BABY BATH TUB
Little Kids Business
Skip Hop Bandana Buddies Soft Activity Toy
How to choose the perfect baby shower gift
Buying a baby shower gift is not as hard as you might think. There's a wealth of presents out there. Here are some ideas:
- Buy something practical. Opting for a practical gift like bottles, carry bags, prams and clothes for the baby will be appreciated by the expecting parents.
- Something for mum. People can get so caught up buying cute clothes for the baby that they forget mum needs things too. Spoil mum with nice clothes, a massage or a babysitter for when she needs a break from the long nights.
- Something cute. Cute products are super fun to shop for and are hands-down winners. Think clothes, baby shoes, muslin wraps or soft toys.
Are you planning the baby shower? Plan it perfectly with this handy guide.
When should I host a baby shower?
Typically, baby showers are held four to six weeks before the birth, but it's always a good idea to talk to the mum-to-be about the time that best fits her schedule. If you're determined to make it a surprise, loop in the dad-to-be or a close relative or friend to ensure the mother-to-be will be free that day.
Where should I host a baby shower?
Ideally, you don't want to host the baby shower at the mum-to-be's home. She would likely end up worrying about cleaning up and playing hostess. Instead, opt to hold it at your home or another close friend's home – a family member's home is another great option. If none of these work, a room at a local community hall, cafe, club or restaurant can work, too.
High tea is a perennial favourite for baby showers – and most major cities have plenty of options in swanky cafes as well as in grand hotel lobbies and restaurants. You might even be able to get a deal, discount or special offer through one of these deal sites.
If you want to go "all out", book somewhere super special in your nearest city.
When should the baby shower invites go out?
The invites should ideally go out about four to six weeks before the scheduled shower to ensure enough time for everyone to make plans. If possible, start a Facebook group too, so people can chat about the event beforehand and give each other updates. It's a great way to build excitement for the party and also to ask people any questions you need to prior to the event.
What baby shower games should we play?
- How well do you know the mum to be? Find out as much as possible about the mother-to-be then create a list of approximately 20 questions. Read the questions out and the guest with the most correct answers wins.
- Guess the baby photo: This is a total classic. Ask each guest to bring a picture of themselves as a baby and pin them to a board with a number assigned. Get the guests to guess which photo belongs to which shower-goer.
- Dirty nappies: This game sounds a bit gross, so do bear with us. Buy a few popular chocolate bars (all different textures and types) and melt individually in the microwave. Smudge each into a disposable nappy and have the guests guess which chocolate bar is which based on their senses (including smell) alone. This makes for some hilarious photos!
- Guess the celebrity baby name: Jot down a list of celebrity baby names (the stranger the better) and turn it into a quiz. See who can get the most celebrity parents correct.
- Baby songs: Have guests write down as many songs as possible that mention the word "baby".
Looking to save on your baby shower gift? See these current deals and specials:
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 35% off Dungeons & Dragons, 50% off New Balance shoes, Cheap Echo Show 5 smart home hubs.
15 birthday presents under $150 to spoil the Pisces gals in your life
Grab the tissues! We've rounded up some creative and sentimental gift ideas for your fave emo Pisces gal.
The top sites you need for buying baby clothes online
Whether you want to splurge or get something more affordable, this is where you can purchase a wide range of baby clothes online.
Corporate Christmas gift ideas 2021
Whether you’re shopping for your boss, a team member or a client, we’ve got a Christmas gift to suit.
Father’s Day 2020 gift ideas you don’t have to leave the house for
SPONSORED: Spoil your dad this Father's Day with these easy gift ideas. The best part? You don't have to get off the couch!
Where to buy Australian made gifts
Buy them something iconically Australian by shopping for homewares, decor, beauty products and fashion gifts at these stores.
30+ eco friendly gift ideas for anyone and everyone
Forget the metal straws! See our guide on eco friendly gifts that you can give to your family and friends - they are bound to love these.
7 of the most romantic getaways in London
We’ve narrowed down the most romantic hotels in London for your loved-up weekend away.
How Australians can make the most of their gift cards this Christmas
Aussies are wasting millions of unused gift card credit each year. If you end up scoring a stash of gift cards this Christmas, find out how to make the most of them before they expire.
The best kids’ car seats in Australia
There's so much to think about when it comes to keeping your children safe and your family sane. Let us take some pressure off you by walking you through the art of buying a car seat.
Ask an Expert