AvaTrade is an experienced, award-winning brokerage with a strong global presence that allows new and experienced traders access to over 250 trading instruments via its online platforms.
AvaTrade has been looking after the online trading needs of millions of traders since 2006. With a goal of perfecting the online trading experience for retail traders, AvaTrade has total trading volumes of more than $60 billion per month. Read on to learn more about the features of AvaTrade.
Disclaimer: Trading in financial instruments carries various risks, and you can lose more than your capital. This article may contain general advice. You should always seek professional advice when deciding if a product is right for you.
What can I trade with AvaTrade?
- Stocks. You have access over 100 different stocks with AvaTrade, including leading global brands like Apple and Google.
- Forex and FX options. Access 60 currency pairs including major and minor currency pairs.
- Indices. Access leading global indices including the SPI 200, S&P 500, NASDAQ 100 and more.
- Commodities. Trade energy and agricultural commodities plus popular metals.
- Bonds. Access a small range of bonds from the US, Europe and Japan.
- ETFs. Access a small range of ETFs.
Trade cryptocurrency with AvaTrade
With AvaTrade, you don’t need your own cryptocurrency wallet. You can get a feel for the market by speculating on different cryptocurrencies. You can also make money by shorting instead of counting on price increases only.
Similar to making other investments with AvaTrade, you can leverage your position to take full advantage of market movements with a relatively small initial deposit, and deal with a broker for more convenience and assistance.
- Up to 20:1 leverage
- All pairs can be shorted
- You can start trading with as little as US$100.
AvaTrade offers all of the following pairs against USD. You can maximise your returns by learning more about each cryptocoin, and the movements that affect their value.
AvaTrade offers instant trade execution so you can take advantage of profitable opportunities as they arise.
AvaTrade offers access to a range of trading platforms that includes AvaTrader and MetaTrader 4, the world’s most popular trading platform. AvaTrade also gives you access to both mobile trading and web trading as well as access to software for Mac users.
Different membership levels.
AvaTrade offers four account types to suit the needs of different traders: Silver, Gold, Platinum and Ava Select. These accounts differ in terms of the minimum deposit required and in terms of access to market analysis and a direct dealing room.
Mobile trading available.
AvaTrade allows you to trade from your PC or Mac as well as from your chosen web browser. Mobile trading is also available via iPhone and Android devices using AvaTrader Mobile.
AvaTrade offers fixed and floating spreads across all forex currency pairs. The minimum floating spread for AUD/USD is 2.2 pips or 1.5 pips for EUR/USD.
Leverage of up to 400:1 for forex currency pairs allows you to make the most of trading opportunities.
The minimum AUD deposit to open an account is $250 if depositing via credit or debit card, and $500 if depositing via wire transfer.
Based in Ireland, the Central Bank of Ireland regulates AvaTrade. In Australia, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission handles its regulation.
Payment methods available.
You can deposit funds into your account via debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or by wire transfer.
What support and information is available?
AvaTrade offers 24-hour customer support from dedicated account managers, ensuring that you can always access help if you need it. Plus, it offers a range of free educational tools and videos and training resources.
If you’re new to trading or simply want to test out the platform, AvaTrade also offers a free demo account to use to give you a better feel for the platform and its features. You’ll get $100,000 in virtual funds to practice trading.
What trading platforms are available?
This is the most popular trading platform around the world, offering a large selection of trading tools and resources and details analytics. Receive trading signals from leading providers, access floating spreads, and interactive charts. This platform is available on PC, iOS and Android devices.
AvaTradeAct web trading.
This platform offers user-friendly features that new traders can feel comfortable with, including a customisable layout and timezone. Access simple charts and a range of order types including Stops, Trailing Stops and Limit Orders.
Advanced traders can access options with expirations from one day to one year, over 40 forex pairs plus gold and silver and advanced risk management tools. Traders can also access Stop and Limit Orders.
Web trading and AvaTradeGO.
AvaTrade clients get access to the web-based and mobile versions of their chosen platform for free when signing up.
Choose between MetaTrader4, AvaTradeAct or AvaOptions web trading platforms. Or, if you want to trade on-the-go you can use AvaTradeGO. There’s also AvaTrade’s Mac Trading platform for Mac users.
These platforms allows traders to simply mirror the trades of others. DupliTrade enables you to mirror trading strategies of other successful traders and is suited to MetaTrader4 floating spread accounts. ZuluTrade is appropriate for users with an AvaTrade account, and MQL5 Signals Service is also right for Ava MetaTrader4.
Spread and margin
- Spread. The spread is the difference between the buy-and-sell price on a trade, and it varies between products. As an example the fixed spread applied on the forex AUD/USD currency pair is 2.5%.
- Margin. The margin is the amount needed for you to open a trade. AvaTrade margins start from just 0.5% of the trade value.
What are the pros and cons?
- 24/hour customer support available plus dedicated account managers
- Education resources available
- Choice of platforms suited to beginners and advanced traders
- Free demo account available
- Can’t access as many financial products as other trading platforms in the market
- Spreads aren’t as competitive as some other trading platforms in the market
How do I apply for an AvaTrade account?
You will need the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address and phone number
- Your country of residence and residential address
- Your choice of trading platform
- Your chosen base currency
You will also need to send proof of ID to AvaTrade before your account can be opened. Proof of ID documents can be emailed to AvaTrade, or you can upload them through your AvaTrade account.