Avant travel insurance deals
Avant provides international and interstate travel insurance to doctors and medical students. Several additional options are available to tailor your policy to your travelling needs, including rehabilitation expenses, corporate image protection and spouse accident death benefits.
You never know when an emergency situation might arise during your holiday. A solid travel insurance policy ensures you are protected against costs incurred by accidents, medical emergencies and loss or damage of property.
Interested in other travel insurance discounts?
Popular Travel Insurance Deals - Coupons coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|5 Feb 2019||Get 5% off all Tick travel insurance policies||fin****|
|5 Feb 2019||10% off travel insurance||Off****|
|5 Feb 2019||15% off travel insurance + chance to win $10,000||SAV****|
|5 Feb 2019||Get 5% off travel insurance with Fast Cover||COU****|
|5 Feb 2019||Save 10% off travel insurance||ADV****|
|5 Feb 2019||15% off travel insurance + chance to win $1000 gift card||********|
What policies are available from Avant?
Travel insurance from Avant is available to medical practitioners, as well as medical students, interns and doctors in training. Members set the sum insured for each section of the policy. This plan provides cover for:
- Unlimited trips per year (up to six months per trip)
- Sporting activities
- Medical expenses and emergency assistance overseas
- Luggage and travel documents
- Credit cards and traveller’s cheques
- Computers and electronic equipment
- Some pre-existing medical conditions
- Trip cancellation
- Personal accident and life insurance
Pros and cons of travel insurance from Avant
- Underwritten by CGU Insurance
- Travel policy specifically tailored for doctors
- Maximum trip duration of six months
- Several optional extras
- Covers the whole term of pregnancy
- Covers travellers up to 85 years of age
- Spouse and children covered free
- Apply over the phone or online
- 24/7 emergency support
- Trip can be resumed if interrupted
- Policy can be extended
- Online claims
- Some pre-existing medical conditions excluded
- No life insurance option for travellers aged 65 and over
- Policy only available to Avant members
How do I apply for Avant travel insurance?
- Compare policy options. Do your research to find the policy that provides the cover you need for your holiday.
- Receive a quote. Avant members have to sign in and request a quote.
- Read the product disclosure statement (PDS). This document explains the terms of the policy as well as the cover you’re eligible for.
- Additional options. If you’d like extra cover, check to see whether you’re able to tailor your policy with add-on options.
How do I make a claim with Avant?
- Download the claims form. You can download the claims form from the website. Be sure to fill in all required information. An incomplete form will lead to delays or your claim may be rejected.
- Be prompt. Submit the required documentation as soon as possible to ensure a prompt response from the insurer. You should send written notice of your claim within 30 days of the incident.
- Be forthright. Your duty of disclosure requires you be honest and complete in your answers. If you’re found to be dishonest or fraudulent, your policy will be cancelled.
Q. Who can apply for cover?
- A. Avant Travel Insurance is available to medical professionals (practising, interns and students) who’ve signed up as members.
Q. What kind of travel does it cover?
- A. Avant Travel Insurance is an annual travel insurance policy, which means you can travel as much as you like for up to six months per trip.
Q. Where can I go?
- A. You can travel to any country in the world. However, there are conditions for travel to Iraq, Afghanistan and within Australia. Avant suggests registering your travel with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and to check the safety warnings and indexes before making travel plans.
Q. What about pre-existing medical conditions?
- A. Some pre-existing conditions are covered. As long as you’re not travelling against the advice of your doctor or to seek medical treatment, your pre-existing medical conditions may be covered by the policy.
Q. I’m pregnant. Am I covered?
- A. Yes. While most travel insurance covers pregnancy up to 24 or 26 weeks, Avant’s policy covers the whole term of pregnancy. However, no cover will be provided for labour and childbirth, except in the case of an emergency.
Q. Who is Avant underwritten by?
- A. Avant Travel Insurance is underwritten by CGU Insurance Ltd.
Q. Can I cancel my Avant policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A. If you decide you no longer want the policy, you have a cooling-off period of 21 days during which you can cancel it.