Autobots roll out in October’s free PlayStation Plus games
October's free PlayStation Plus games brings action and horror in equal measure with Transformers and Resident Evil topping the bill.
PlayStation Plus is on an absolute roll, giving away iconic PlayStation games. Last month featured the meditative Journey (which we can't recommend enough) headlined the roster and this month the iconic Resident Evil on PS4 is being given away to PlayStation Plus members.
It's easy to say now, but we should have seen Resident Evil coming from a mile off. Wth October being the spookiest month of the year and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard hype coming thick and fast, along with VR impressions and public hands-on doing the rounds, Resi Evil's inclusion makes a lot of sense. Last year's HD remaster of the 1996 creeper takes Resident Evil fans where it all began, a spooky little mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City.
The surprise in October's lineup comes in a shiny, chrome package: Transformers Devastation. Last year's take on the Transformers moved away from the gritty visuals of the much-maligned cinematic universe and returned to the colourful cartoon aesthetic of the beloved television show. Devastation is a hack-and-slash adventure set in New York City. It's from Platinum Games (the gang behind Bayonetta 2 and Vanquish) so you know it's going to be chock-full of hot autobot action.
Here's the full list of free PS Plus games for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita for the month of October:
- Transformers: Devastation, PS4
- Mad Riders, PS3
- From Dust, PS3
- Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~, PS Vita
- Actual Sunlight, PS Vita
- BioWare in discussions for Mass Effect Andromeda mobile spin-off
- CI Games talks difficulty of porting Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 to Nintendo Switch
- Australian indie Mallow Drops coming to iOS this Easter
- BioWare on how the Mass Effect 3 controversy shaped Mass Effect Andromeda
- This week’s best game deals: It’s Sony all the way down