Australia’s Overwatch Contenders competition starts today
Twelve local teams will tussle for a share in over US$150,000 prize money.
It's no secret that Blizzard's Overwatch is one of the most popular games out there right now, but even still, we were blown away to find that the inaugural Overwatch League stream attracted over 10 million views. Two months on and the Overwatch League is still going strong and now Blizzard is kicking off the first semi-professional league for the competitive shooter, Overwatch Contenders Australia.
With the qualifying Overwatch Contender trials now wrapped up, Australia's local teams have been confirmed and fixtures have been set.
From today (12 March), Overwatch Contenders will go head to head every single week, with six weeks planned that will eventually lead to the playoffs.
At 2:00PM AEDT today Blank Blue will take on Kanga Esports, with JAM and Sydney Drop Bears at 4:00PM and SereNity and Tainted Minds at 6:00PM.
You can watch every match over on Twitch but we've embedded the stream below for your convenience.
For a full list of teams and fixtures, head to the official Overwatch Contenders website.
For everything you need to know about Overwatch and esports, head over to our comprehensive guide.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight
- Gfinity announces last three clubs participating in the Elite Series
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports