Check out these limited-time deals and member benefits to decide whether Australian Unity health insurance is right for you.
When choosing a health insurer, it’s important to consider the policy features and limits available to find cover that suits your needs. However, there’s more to comparing health insurers than simply examining the policies on offer, as additional member benefits and limited-time offers can provide extra value for money.
Australian Unity is a Members Own Health Fund with more than 345,000 members nationwide. If you’re thinking of taking out health insurance with Australian Unity, check out the latest special deals the health fund is offering to entice new members.
Current deals offered by Australian Unity
Popular Health Insurance Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|9 Jan 2019||Get up to $100 HOYTS voucher PLUS skip the 2 & 6 month waits on extras||********|
|5 Jan 2019||Get free access to AIA Vitality when you sign up for health insurance||********|
|3 Jan 2019||Waive 2 & 6 month waiting periods on extras||********|
|10 Jan 2019||4% discount on your health insurance premiums||********|
|3 Jan 2019||Get a $100 Rebel Sport gift card when you sign up to selected products||********|
What are some advantages of being an Australian Unity member?
Still not sure whether Australian Unity is right for you? Take a look at some of the other benefits of becoming a member:
- Mutual organisation. As a mutual organisation, Australian Unity is run to benefit its members, not shareholders. It’s also backed by a strong history and has been helping Australians manage their health and wealth for more than 175 years.
- Your choice of provider. If you switch to Australian Unity, you can continue seeing the dentist, physio, optometrist or other provider of your choice. There is no need to receive treatment from one of the health fund’s preferred providers.
- 24/7 online access. You can manage your Australian Unity membership whenever it suits you with 24/7 online access to your account. This allows you to make claims, check your remaining benefit limits, pay your premium and update your membership details.
- Health programs. Australian Unity members can enjoy access to an extensive range of programs and services designed to help you get healthy and stay in optimal shape. These include programs offering mental health support, help living with chronic conditions, preparing for parenthood and adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Dental discounts. Not only do Australian Unity members get up to 100% back on selected dental treatments but a minimum discount of 15% is also available on all Australian Unity dental covers when you visit a smile.com.au network dentist.
- Optical discounts. Australian Unity members get up to 100% back on prescription glasses and contact lenses. In addition, you can get 25% off glasses OR a free pair of single-vision sunglasses or readers through one of the fund’s optical partners.
- Wellplan Rewards. The Wellplan Rewards program allows Australian members to save money on everyday expenses like groceries, petrol and movie tickets. On average, members save 9% compared to normal retail prices.
Policies on offer
Australian Unity offers a wide range of hospital, extras and combined policies designed to suit the cover needs of a variety of Australians. The range includes:
- Hospital cover. There are four levels of standalone hospital cover available: Basic Hospital, Basic+ Hospital, Mid Hospital and Gold Hospital.
- Extras cover. You can choose from Bronze Extras, Bronze+ Extras, Silver Extras and Gold Extras.
- Combined hospital and extras cover. There are four options to choose from: Basic Saver, Smart Start, Smart Essentials and Smart Combination.
- Overseas Visitor Cover. Australian Unity also offers Overseas Visitor Cover that satisfies Australian government visa requirements and allows overseas visitors to reduce their medical costs nationwide.
Check out our Australian Unity review page for more information about the cover offered by this health fund.
How to make a claim
If you need to make an extras claim with Australian Unity, there are several ways to do so:
- On the spot. You can swipe your membership card on the spot at your healthcare provider to receive an instant benefit.
- Via the Australian Unity app. You can claim up to $300 at a time by uploading a photo of your receipt through the Australian Unity mobile claiming app.
- Online. Claims of up to $300 can be lodged online when you log into your Australian Unity account.
- Over the phone. If you have any questions about claiming or you need assistance filling out a claim form, you can phone Australian Unity on 1800 807 144 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm AEST.
- By mail, email or fax. You can also download and complete a health cover claim form from the Australian Unity website, attach your receipts to the claim form, and then submit everything to Australian Unity by post, email or fax.