Find travel cover for seniors with Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance.
Retirement gives you a chance to check things off your bucket list. For many people this means a chance to travel. However, one issue common with senior travellers is the affordable, and in some cases availability, of travel insurance. Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance is here to help.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Travel insurance options
When you choose the Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan, you can benefit from a range of cover options. Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance provide cover for various destinations such as:
- worldwide cover
- worldwide excluding the Americas and Africa
- Southeast Asia
- New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
- domestic travel cover.
You can also opt for single or joint cover depending on your circumstances and can have your dependent children and grandchildren added to the plan.
When it comes to features and benefits, the exact type and level of protection will depend on where you are travelling to. For example, the level of coverage for worldwide travel for some situations is higher than for travel within New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Some of the things for which you will be covered under the international travel insurance policy for worldwide travel include:
- Overseas emergency dental and medical expenses. You will benefit from cover in the event of sudden illness or injury while you are away or if you experience a dental emergency such as an infection or broken tooth.
- Additional expenses. The Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan covers you for additional expenses you may incur while you are away, due to delays, illness or injury.
- Resumption of journey. This travel insurance plan also provides coverage for resumption of journey.
- Special events. You can benefit from cover in the event of issues with or cancellation of special events you were meant to be attending while away.
- Death benefit. The Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan offers a death benefit in the event that you die while you are away.
- Loss of deposit and cancellation charges. If you have to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances you will be covered under this plan.
- Travel agent cancellation fee. The Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan offers coverage for travel agent cancellation fees.
- Travel documents and luggage. Under this policy you will be covered for damage, loss or theft of travel documents and luggage.
- Loss, theft, or damage to personal items. You can receive varying amounts of cover for loss, theft or damage to personal items under the Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan.
- Delayed baggage allowance. If your baggage is significantly delayed, this travel insurance plan provides coverage.
- Money replacement. This plan offers varying amounts of coverage for money replacement based on the plan you select.
- Rental vehicle excess. You can benefit from rental vehicle excess coverage with the Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan by having Australian Seniors™ Insurance pay your vehicle insurance excess in the event of an accident or if the vehicle is stolen.
- Accommodation costs due to travel delays. If you incur additional accommodation costs due to travel delays you can benefit from coverage with the Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan.
- Flight delays. If you experience significant flight delays, this travel insurance plan offers coverage.
- Hospitalisation. The Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan also offers coverage in the event that you are hospitalised for a specified period of time.
- Personal liability. You can benefit from a generous amount of personal liability cover with this plan.
- Accidental death or permanent loss of limbs. The plan offers coverage in the event of accidental death or permanent loss of limbs while you are travelling.
These are all valuable benefits that can help to enhance your time away hugely by ensuring that you have access to a high level of protection and assistance when you need it.
Domestic travel insurance features
If you are heading off on a domestic trip and want to benefit from protection and peace of mind, the Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan will offer a range of benefits and features for you. This includes:
- additional expenses up to a maximum of $15,000
- resumption of journey coverage up to $3000
- special events coverage of up to $2000
- death benefit of up to $10,000
- loss of deposits and cancellation charges of up to $15,000
- travel agent cancellation fee of $750 or 15%
- luggage and travel documents covered up to $5,000
- loss theft or damage coverage for luggage and personal items
- rental vehicle excess cover of up to $2,000
- travel delay coverage of up to $500
- personal liability coverage of up to $200,000
- accidental death or permanent loss of limbs coverage for up to $15,000.
While you’re not leaving the country on your holiday, Australian Seniors™ One Trip Domestic Travel Insurance provides valuable peace of mind and protection while you are on your trip. All of this means you can look forward to enjoying your holiday with the assurance that you have access to practical assistance and financial protection in the event that things go wrong.
Find out more about Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance
Australian Seniors™ One Trip Travel Insurance plan varies based on the destination you are visiting. Check the benefit amounts specific to the option you are interested to make sure you are getting all of the benefits you think you will need. It is also important to read the small print on the insurance policy before you make your decision. Doing this will enable you to find out more about any restrictions or exclusions related to your policy. All of this will allow you to make a more informed decision and take out the right level of cover.