Are you a senior who travels regularly? Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance might be for you.
For many people in Australia, getting older and reaching retirement age is a great time to get out and see the world. It’s a wonderful way to spend your retirement years, exploring new places and enjoying new experiences.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance Cover Options
You can look forward to a range of cover options when you choose the Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance plan. There is both single and joint cover options available and, depending on your situation, both allow for dependent children or grandchildren to be added to the plan. Plans are available for both domestic and international.
Where can you go?
Short answer ... pretty much anywhere. The destinations covered by Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance vary from plan to plan. One plan covers domestic travel only, which is ideal if you want to explore your own backyard and take in the sites Australia has to offer. The global plan is perfect for those who want to jet off to new places around the world.
What cover is provided?
The Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance offers a range of benefits and features, so you can look forward to comprehensive protection when you opt for this plan. The features and benefits can vary based on whether you opt for the worldwide plan or the domestic one. Some of the benefits and features of the worldwide Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance plan include:
- Overseas emergency dental and medical expenses. You will benefit from unlimited cover should you fall victim to an injury or sudden illness on your travels. You will also be covered in the event of a dental emergency.
- Additional expenses. The Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance covers additional expenses while travelling.
- Resumption of journey. The Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance provide a resumption benefit of up to $3,000.
- Special events. If you are travelling overseas to attend a special event and for some reason you are delayed, Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance will pay for the reasonable additional costs to help you make it to the event on time.
- Death benefit. If the worst happens and you pass away while you are travelling, The Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance offer a death benefit.
- Loss of deposit and cancellation charges. Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance provide unlimited cover for cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Travel agent cancellation fee. The Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance provide protection if your travel agent fails in their fiduciary duty, with regards to paying operators or if the travel agent fails in their duties.
- Travel documents and luggage. You are covered for the theft, loss of damage luggage and travel documents, with a maximum benefit amount of $12,000 on international trips and $3,000 if you're within Australia.
- Damage, theft or loss of personal belongings. Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance plan provide a benefit amount for various personal belongings that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Luggage delay allowance. If your luggage is delayed, Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance provides cover, depending on how long the bags are delayed.
- Overseas money replacement. Australian Seniors™ Travel Insurance provides a benefit amount of up to $300 for the loss or theft of cash, currency or bank notes, traveller's cheques, or money or postal orders.
- Rental vehicle excess. The policy provides a benefit amount of up to $3,000 for rental vehicle excess cover if overseas, or $2,000 within Australia.
- Travel delays. Australian Seniors™ Annual Travel Insurance plan provide a benefit of up to $1,200 if your international travel is delayed, and $850 within Australia.
- Overseas hospitalisation. The Australian Seniors™ Annual Trip Travel Insurance covers you for up to $8,000 in the event that you need to be hospitalised.
- Overseas public transport hijacking. Cover for $1,000 a day and up to a maximum of $15,000 is provided if you experience a hijacking on your journey.
- Personal liability. Policyholders are protected with personal liability insurance of up to $2 million internationally or $200,000 within Australia.
- Accidental death or permanent loss of limbs.In the event of permanent loss of limbs or accidental death while you are on your holiday, the policy provides a maximum benefit of $50,000 if overseas and $15,000 if travelling domestic.
With all of these protective features and benefits, you can travel with far greater peace of mind and confidence when you are heading abroad. You can look forward to enjoying your time away safe in the knowledge that you have comprehensive cover in place for you and your loved ones in the event that one of a range of unexpected situations arise.
In order to ensure you make the right choice when selecting your annual insurance plan, you should make sure you check the small print carefully. You can then determine exactly what is and is not covered and you will be able to familiarise yourself with any restrictions and exclusions.