Where to buy Australian made woollen jumpers
Shop the finest merino fibres Australia has to offer from these leading retailers.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australia has some of the highest quality wool on offer. We've found all the online retailers that sell woollen jumpers from your favourite brands.
There are very few brands that still manufacture in Australia and use 100% wool. In most cases wool is mixed with other fibres such as cashmere or polyester to soften the sweater, otherwise you end up with an itchy alternative. Merino is a softer option so we've included brands that have a combination and those that design here but manufacture elsewhere.
Where to buy Australian made woollen jumpers online
Australian made brands stocked: Arnsdorf
Australian made brands stocked: Wilderness Wear
Australian made brands stocked: Rosey Cheeks Handmade
Australian made brands stocked: Sherpa
What other stores sell Australian made woollen jumpers?
- The LSJ Collection
- Snowdrop Merino
- Aklanda Australia
- Well Made Clothes
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where to buy Australian made woollen jumpers online
- What other stores sell Australian made woollen jumpers?
- Made in Australia furniture brands and where to buy them
- How can you tell if a woollen jumper is Australian made?
- Why buy Australian made woollen jumpers?
- Are Australian made woollen jumpers more expensive?
Made in Australia furniture brands and where to buy them
|Brand||About the brand||Where to buy|
|Arnsdorf||Accredited by Ethical Clothing Australia, Arnsdorf creates high fashion for women with transparency and sustainability.|
|Wilderness Wear||If you call the great outdoors home then Wilderness Wear's huge range of merino base layers, socks and waterproofs for your climbing, hiking, running or skiing are sure to keep you warm.|
|Rosey Cheeks Handmade||The Etsy store makes sure the newest members of your family are bundled up in the warmest woollen jumpers and bottoms.|
|Manning Cartell||Designing luxury pieces with sustainability in mind, Manning Cartell has been dressing women since 2005.|
|AUSTRALIAN OWNED: Sherpa||With the aim to bring comfort to the outdoors, Sherpa brings you the highest quality merino for any adventure.|
How can you tell if a woollen jumper is Australian made?
Although it isn't always clear, there are a few ways to confirm whether your next woollen addition is made right here in Australia.
- Australian Made, Australian Grown (AMAG) logo. One of the easiest ways to tell where the product is made is by looking out for the green triangle logo that is usually present on either the packaging/labelling or the website itself. Anything certified with it means that the product was locally sourced and made.
- Locations of factories. For products that don't feature the AMAG, you can always check out the "About" or "Our Story" sections of the website which are prominent with smaller businesses.
- Reputable websites. Other means of verifying include having a look on the Australian Made website. Here you can search products, companies and businesses which manufacture in Australia.
Why buy Australian made woollen jumpers?
There are a few advantages that come from investing in Australian made products:
- Economic injection. By choosing to buy Australian made products you not only support small businesses but the local economies.
- Faster shipping times. Another advantage is that waiting weeks for packages is not an issue, with Express post services offering next day delivery in some cases.
- No international returns or surcharges. With buying locally, you also escape those pesky credit card surcharges and return costs.
Are Australian made woollen jumpers more expensive?
Woollen jumpers made in Australia do tend to come from the higher end brands who invest in greater quality wools. For this reason, along with ethical manufacturing, they can be more expensive.
However, we do suggest checking out locally made products as your money is more than likely to go further. With a higher quality product that will last multiple seasons, you won't have to worry about having to repurchase every winter.
Depending on your budget, what you end up buying could be seen as an investment into not only your own wardrobe but the Aussie economy.
More guides on Finder
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
Ask an Expert