Where to buy Australian made woollen jumpers
Shop the finest merino fibres Australia has to offer from these leading retailers.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Australia has some of the highest quality wool on offer. We've found all the online retailers that sell woollen jumpers from your favourite brands.
There are very few brands that still manufacture in Australia and use 100% wool. In most cases wool is mixed with other fibres such as cashmere or polyester to soften the sweater, otherwise you end up with an itchy alternative. Merino is a softer option so we've included brands that have a combination and those that design here but manufacture elsewhere.
Where to buy Australian made woollen jumpers online
Australian made brands stocked: Arnsdorf
Australian made brands stocked: Wilderness Wear
Australian made brands stocked: Rosey Cheeks Handmade
Australian made brands stocked: Sherpa
What other stores sell Australian made woollen jumpers?
- The LSJ Collection
- Snowdrop Merino
- Aklanda Australia
- Well Made Clothes
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where to buy Australian made woollen jumpers online
- What other stores sell Australian made woollen jumpers?
- Made in Australia furniture brands and where to buy them
- How can you tell if a woollen jumper is Australian made?
- Why buy Australian made woollen jumpers?
- Are Australian made woollen jumpers more expensive?
Made in Australia furniture brands and where to buy them
|Brand||About the brand||Where to buy|
|Arnsdorf||Accredited by Ethical Clothing Australia, Arnsdorf creates high fashion for women with transparency and sustainability.|
|Wilderness Wear||If you call the great outdoors home then Wilderness Wear's huge range of merino base layers, socks and waterproofs for your climbing, hiking, running or skiing are sure to keep you warm.|
|Rosey Cheeks Handmade||The Etsy store makes sure the newest members of your family are bundled up in the warmest woollen jumpers and bottoms.|
|Manning Cartell||Designing luxury pieces with sustainability in mind, Manning Cartell has been dressing women since 2005.|
|AUSTRALIAN OWNED: Sherpa||With the aim to bring comfort to the outdoors, Sherpa brings you the highest quality merino for any adventure.|
How can you tell if a woollen jumper is Australian made?
Although it isn't always clear, there are a few ways to confirm whether your next woollen addition is made right here in Australia.
- Australian Made, Australian Grown (AMAG) logo. One of the easiest ways to tell where the product is made is by looking out for the green triangle logo that is usually present on either the packaging/labelling or the website itself. Anything certified with it means that the product was locally sourced and made.
- Locations of factories. For products that don't feature the AMAG, you can always check out the "About" or "Our Story" sections of the website which are prominent with smaller businesses.
- Reputable websites. Other means of verifying include having a look on the Australian Made website. Here you can search products, companies and businesses which manufacture in Australia.
Why buy Australian made woollen jumpers?
There are a few advantages that come from investing in Australian made products:
- Economic injection. By choosing to buy Australian made products you not only support small businesses but the local economies.
- Faster shipping times. Another advantage is that waiting weeks for packages is not an issue, with Express post services offering next day delivery in some cases.
- No international returns or surcharges. With buying locally, you also escape those pesky credit card surcharges and return costs.
Are Australian made woollen jumpers more expensive?
Woollen jumpers made in Australia do tend to come from the higher end brands who invest in greater quality wools. For this reason, along with ethical manufacturing, they can be more expensive.
However, we do suggest checking out locally made products as your money is more than likely to go further. With a higher quality product that will last multiple seasons, you won't have to worry about having to repurchase every winter.
Depending on your budget, what you end up buying could be seen as an investment into not only your own wardrobe but the Aussie economy.
More guides on Finder
Where to buy a lawnmower online with Afterpay
Keep your outdoor area tidy thanks to the retailers making lawnmowers more affordable.
Where to buy a portable air conditioner online with Afterpay
Discover the online retailers stocking portable air conditioners that can be paid off in instalments.
Where to buy an Xbox One online with Afterpay
Pick up your favourite Xbox One console at these online stores offering Afterpay.
Where to buy a gaming chair online with Afterpay
Make investing in a gaming chair more affordable thanks to the online destinations offering Afterpay.
Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro review
The Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro impresses with its pet hair friendly larger dustbin, but has issues with basic navigation that make it a little challenging to use every day.
Where to buy Dal Rossi Chess sets online in Australia
Own one of the finest chess sets crafted by Dal Rossi with our helpful guide.
Best sunglasses in Australia
From the best overall sunglasses for men and women to the best sunglasses for driving and running, these are the eight best sunglasses you can buy in Australia right now.
Campervan hire in Adelaide | Where to book, what to know
Cruise Australia's picturesque roads in your perfect camper from Adelaide.
Where to buy glass chess sets online in Australia
Shop at these retailers for quick delivery and low prices when buying a glass chess set online in Australia.
Where to buy chess tables online in Australia
Handmade or vintage, here are our recommended online marketplaces for chess tables.
Ask an Expert