Australia gets its first life and health insurance brand
AIA and GMHBA launch new brand: myOwn.
The innovative myOwn brand will actively reward members who stay healthy by participating in the AIA Vitality program.
“With myOwn offering health insurance with AIA Vitality, we support people to know their health, improve their health and enjoy the rewards,” said Damien Mu, CEO of AIA Australia & New Zealand .
The best part is that these rewards are more than just a sense of feeling good. Those who take out health insurance with myOwn can get an upfront 5% discount on their premiums by gaining AIA Vitality Silver status.
The benefits don't stop there. Members can earn themselves Woolworths vouchers and Hoyts cinema tickets, get discounts on flights and cash back from some of Australia's biggest gyms.
“We believe that myOwn and AIA Vitality can help consumers get healthier and provide them with more value for money,” Mu said.
Earning rewards with AIA Vitality is relatively straightforward. All members need to do is participate in approved activities that are beneficial for their health, such as eating well, preventive screenings and physical activities.
Compare more health insurance options from Australian funds
- Is 130,000 Velocity points worth changing your health insurance for?
- Medical expenses up 8.3% – how can you avoid being stung?
- Earn over $90K? You could save $900+ in tax with basic private health cover
- Health insurance costs rise from April 1: 5 ways to save
- Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds