Australia gets a new esports organisation, the EGAA
A new esports association launches in Australia.
An all-new esports organisation has been formed here in Australia. Dubbed the Esports Games Association Australia (EGAA), its intention its to unify the knowledge and experience of various esports organisations to grow and further legitimise esports in Australia and New Zealand.
The association's first initiative is to organise an esports conference: the Esports Pro Oceania Awards night, which will take place on March 14th, 2018. The EGAA will act as the official partner for the event to help support MCV Pacific.
The EGAA is going to be working with players, teams, managers, sponsors and organisers to improve the structures and standards in the esports industry, advancing the ANZ esports scene for the participants. Among its services, the EGAA will be providing its members with full access to an industry conference, facilitate communication, networking, professional development and education and provide engagement in esports for members in government and businesses. The EGAA will also be providing assistance in league and organisation structure.
The founding board of the EGAA consists of engaged members of the esports industry in Australia and New Zealand. Their combined skill sets and backgrounds represent the varied roles and pathways in the professional esports space.
The founding members are:
- Chris Smith (Corsair, Business in Games) - Board Member
- Daniel Chlebowczyk (Double Jump Communications, CouchWarriors) - Board Member
- David Harris (Guinevere Capital, Dire Wolves) - Board Member
- Eranga De Silva - Member Services Manager & Operations
- Jason Spiller (HP, Omen New Zealand) - Board Member
- Josh Edwards (ViewSonic) - Board Member
- Mathew Jessep (Jessep Entertainment & Sports Lawyers) - Interim CEO
- Nick Vanzetti (ESL Australia) - Board Member
While the future of the EGAA remains unknown, it has its eyes set on creating a new form of esports that nurtures stability, growth and fairplay for esports in ANZ. To find out more about the EGGA and its vision, check out the organisation's official site. More on this new esports company will be released in the new year.