7 best lines to sail with for Australia cruises
Fall in love with Australia’s coastline all over again with these cruise holiday options.
Think you know Australia? Discover your own backyard from a whole new perspective on board some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. With unique itineraries and exciting ports of call, you will be able to catch a bird’s eye view of the famed Harbour Bridge, trek the untouched Tasmanian rainforests and sip award-winning Margaret River wines. There is no better way to enjoy what place we call “home” has to offer.
With our cheap cruise deals and great savings with our coupon codes, there is every reason book that long awaited cruise holiday now. So read on to find the perfect cruise line and explore Australia.
Famous for its ‘Fun Ships’, Carnival Cruise Line has been providing family-friendly cruise holidays since 1972 and has two ships sailing around Australia and the South Pacific.
- Award-winning youth programs that cater to kids of all ages.
- Wide range of on-board entertainment, from dance shows to mini golf and casinos.
- Available dining options: Back barbecue-style dinner at Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ, good beer and great tunes at the Redfrog Pub or tasty pizzas at Pizza Pirate. Bonsai Sushi has something a little more exotic, while Nouveau offers a fine dining experience on sea.
- Top Australian ships: Carnival Spirit, Carnival Legend
Search for a Carnival Cruise
Australia’s largest cruise line attracts locals and foreigners alike, with choice entertainment and dining options. Check out the new Pacific Explorer coming in 2017.
- Casual, family-friendly vibe with a focus on value for money.
- Unlike most other cruise lines, all payments are in Australian dollars and gratuities are not added automatically.
- Available dining options: Salt Grill by Luke Mangan is the first celebrity chef restaurant at sea. The Pantry offers contemporary Australian and international cuisine. Try the Cellar Door for wine tasting and classes.
- Top Australian ships: Pacific Eden, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel
Search for a P&O cruise
Image: Royal Caribbean
A great choice for families, Royal Caribbean’s entertainment choices are second to none. Plus, the cruise line is sending one of its newest mega ships, Ovation of the Seas, down under.
- Wide choice of stateroom options, including the Royal Suite Class that comes with your own personal butler.
- Impressive entertainment, from synchronized swimming shows to photo ops with characters from “Madagascar” and “Kung Fu Panda”.
- Available dining options: Dynamic Dining Choice allows you to eat at your restaurant of choice anytime you want. Sample comfort foods at the American Icon Grill or try Jamie Oliver’s Italian. For something casual, build your own hot dogs at Dog House while The Grande Restaurant will satisfy the most sophisticated taste buds.
- Top Australian ships: Explorer of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas
Search for a Royal Caribbean cruise
Princess Cruises offers what you know and love about the traditional cruising experience with a modern and fun twist.
- For a small fee you can invite family and friends on board when you port on the Bon Voyage Experience.
- Anytime Dining and Movies Under the Stars allow you to watch movies poolside on giant LED screens.
- Available dining options: Try celebrity chef Curtis Stone’s exclusive menu or pub favourites at The Salty Dog served with a gourmet twist. All the dining options on board are made from scratch everyday and use the finest ingredients.
- Top Australian ships: Dawn Princess, Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess
Search for a Princess Cruise
For cruisers looking for style, comfort and great personal service without the hefty price tag, Celebrity should be your choice.
- Aims for personalised service, from greeting you by name to serving your preferred desserts at meals.
- Around the clock activities range from educational to playful.
- Available dining options: Feast on fresh seafood with spectacular ocean or lawn views at The Porch and grill your own steaks at Lawn Club Grill. For a more fine dining experience, explore French classics at Murano.
- Top Australia ships: Celebrity Solstice
Search for a Celebrity Cruise
Image: Holland America
If you prefer a more traditional cruising experience away from the waterslides and parties, consider cruising with Holland America.
- Vintage-style boats with understated decor and unobtrusive programs that cater to the older generation of cruisers.
- Carefully crafted shore excursions with local experts let you explore places and connect with locals.
- Available dining options: The Dining Room is where most go for sophisticated dining abroad. The Pinnacle Grill and Le Cirque are firm favorites or share an authentic Italian experience at Canaletto with loved ones.
- Top Australian ships: MS Maasdam, MS Noordam
Search for a Holland America cruise
Image: Captain Cook
Famed for its Fijian cruises, Captain Cook also offers some river-based itineraries along the Murray River.
- Friendly, easy-going cruises with lots of opportunity to explore local places along the Murray River.
- While Murray River cruises are smaller vessels than ocean liners, all meals are still included.
- Top Australian ships: Murray Princess
Search for a Captain Cook cruise
Average price per night for an Australia cruise with these companies:
- Carnival: $150 per night
- P&O: $107 per night
- Royal Caribbean: $115 per night
- Princess Cruises: $144 per night
- Celebrity Cruises: $185 per night
- Holland America: $137 per night
- Captain Cook (Murray River): $220 per night
Price for a drinks package on these Australia cruise lines
- Bottomless Bubbles: Includes unlimited juice and soda. Note: Carnival's Cheers! Beverage program, which includes unlimited alcohol, or any alcohol-inclusive program, is not available on South Pacific sailings.
Price: $7.25 for adults and $5.50 for children, per day
- Soft drinks: Includes unlimited fizzy drinks.
Price: $7 per day
- In-room bottled water: Includes six 1.5-litre bottles of water delivered to your room.
Price: $19.80 per cruise
- Premium: Includes soft drinks, select spirits, wine, beer, coffee, cocktails and small bottles of water. Note: This package is only available on cruise seven nights or longer.
Price: $79 per day
- Non-Alcoholic: Includes premium coffee and tea, bottled water, fresh orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas.
Price: US$19 for adults and USD$8 for children, per day
- Select: Includes beer, wine by the glass, fountain soda, non-alcoholic cocktails.
Price: US$39 per day
- Premium: Includes premium, frozen and non-alcoholic cocktails, beer, premium wine by the glass, bottled water, fountain soda.
Price: US$49 per day
- Ultimate: Everything from all the packages above, plus any other available drink options.
Price: US$59 per day
Captain Cook (Murray River):
There isn’t a drinks packages available on Captain Cook cruises, however there is a bar and two lounges on board.
- Unlimited Sodas and More: Unlimited fountain soft drinks, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and hot chocolate.
Price: US$8.05 per day
- Cafe Select: Valid for 15 espresso-based specialty coffees.
Price: $35.65 per card
- All Inclusive: Unlimited drinks including cocktails, wine, beer, soda, lattes, cappuccinos and bottled water. Drinks must be valued at no more than $10 each.
- Soda Package: Unlimited sodas at any bar, lounge or restaurant on board.
Price: $12.60 per night
- Premium Bottled Water Package: Evian, Pellegrino and Perrier throughout the cruise at any bar, lounge or restaurant on board.
Price: $22.40 per night
- Premium Non-Alcoholic Package: Unlimited soft drinks, premium bottled waters, specialty teas and coffees, energy drinks and vitamin waters.
Price: $30.80 per night
- Classic Package: Unlimited beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving and wine by-the-glass up to $9 per serving, plus a 15% discount on wine-by-the-bottle.
Price: $77 per night
- Premium Package: Unlimited craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving, plus a 20% discount on wine-by-the-bottle.
Price: $91 per night
Beverage cards available in increments of $25, $50, $100 and $250 can be pre-purchased and used toward drinks on board.
Which destinations do these cruise lines visit?
|Carnival||P&O||Royal Caribbean||Princess||Celebrity Cruises||Holland America||Captain Cook|
|New South Wales||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Want to buy cheap cruises online? Use one of our coupons:
Cruises from $80 per night
Book cruises from $80 per night during the Cruise Sale at Flight Centre. Conditions apply.
Up to $500 to spend on board & 10% off shore excursions
Get up to $500 to spend on board & 10% off shore excursions at Cruise Direct
FREE $100 on-board credit per cabin: Holland America Lines Cruise Sale Week
Receive $100 on-board credit per cabin when you make a booking on select Holland America cruises between 8 December 2016 until 20 December 2016. T&Cs apply.
10% off adventure cruises
Get 10% off adventure cruises at Peregrine Adventures.
15% off select Norway Expedition cruises
Get 15% off select Norway Expedition cruises at G Adventures when you use the code at checkout.
Book the cruise of your dreams for only $25 deposit
Book the cruise of your dreams with only $25 per person deposit and nothing more to pay until February 2017. Check website for more details.
Up to 80% off top cruise lines
Enjoy up to 80% off top cruise lines at Cruise Direct. Conditions Apply
Up to 20% off select 2017 departures: Arctic Earlybird sale
Get up to 20% off select 2017 departures to Iceland, Greenland, Spitsbergen and Baffin Island. Valid for select 2017 departures only.
25% off Cruise the Norwegian Fjords
Simply use the code to get 25% off the Norwegian Fjords cruise at G Adventures.
30% off select 2017 Mekong River Adventures
Get 30% off select 2017 Mekong river adventures at G Adventures.
30% off select 2017 Ganges and Burgundy River Adventures
Save 30% on select Ganges and Burgundy Riverboat departures for travel between January-June 2017.
P&O Cruises from $198
Plus $100 onboard credit on sailings seven nights or longer for P&O Australia's Sizzling Summer Ship-Out Sale. Sample sailings include a 2-night cruise for $198, 3-night cruise for $318 and a 4-night cruise for $348.
$25 per person deposit: Xmas Wrapped Up
Book now and get your dream cruise for just $25 per person deposit at Cruise Away. Conditions apply.
Up to 20% off Arctic expeditions
Save on Arctic voyages departing in 2017, excluding North Pole and North Pole Express: Barneo Ice Camp. Excludes triple and quad cabins.
30% off select river cruises
Valid on select river cruises departing before 31 July in the Amazon, Ganges, Mekong and in Burgundy.
30% off select Mekong River cruises
Valid on select Mekong River cruises departing between 1 January and 31 December 2017.
European Christmas cruises from $1270 per person
Valid for departures in December. Book discounted Christmas cruises including Canaries Christmas and Funchal Fireworks and Christmas Markets of Germany and Denmark.
Up to $4500 off staterooms plus onboard credit
Book any Princess sailing and get $50-$300 onboard credit for interior/oceanview bookings and $100-$600 for balcony/suite bookings. Plus, receive up to $4500 off launch fares. Cruises start at $249 per person.
World Cruise Sector Brisbane to Japan for $3,999 per person
Book the World Cruise Sector Brisbane to Japan for $3,999 per person. Includes cruise, hotels, rail, tour, flight and transfers
20% off Amazon riverboat journeys
Valid on select riverboat journeys in Peru until 15 December.
Browse all current deals with Princess Cruises
Find Princess Cruises’ best weekly cruise offers here.
Up to 79% off Carnival Cruises
Save up to 79% on the brochure rate of Carnival Cruise sailings when you book with CruiseAway.
Get discounted flights, hotels and everything else
Discover the world of low cost travel with BYOJet.
Save on last-minute bookings
Find discounts on last-minute travel bookings at Expedia