7 best lines to sail with for Australia cruises
Fall in love with Australia’s coastline all over again with these cruise holiday options.
Think you know Australia? Discover your own backyard from a whole new perspective on board some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. With unique itineraries and exciting ports of call, you will be able to catch a bird’s eye view of the famed Harbour Bridge, trek the untouched Tasmanian rainforests and sip award-winning Margaret River wines. There is no better way to enjoy what place we call “home” has to offer.
With our cheap cruise deals and great savings with our coupon codes, there is every reason book that long awaited cruise holiday now. So read on to find the perfect cruise line and explore Australia.
Famous for its ‘Fun Ships’, Carnival Cruise Line has been providing family-friendly cruise holidays since 1972 and has two ships sailing around Australia and the South Pacific.
- Award-winning youth programs that cater to kids of all ages.
- Wide range of on-board entertainment, from dance shows to mini golf and casinos.
- Available dining options: Back barbecue-style dinner at Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ, good beer and great tunes at the Redfrog Pub or tasty pizzas at Pizza Pirate. Bonsai Sushi has something a little more exotic, while Nouveau offers a fine dining experience on sea.
- Top Australian ships: Carnival Spirit, Carnival Legend
Search for a Carnival Cruise
Australia’s largest cruise line attracts locals and foreigners alike, with choice entertainment and dining options. Check out the new Pacific Explorer coming in 2017.
- Casual, family-friendly vibe with a focus on value for money.
- Unlike most other cruise lines, all payments are in Australian dollars and gratuities are not added automatically.
- Available dining options: Salt Grill by Luke Mangan is the first celebrity chef restaurant at sea. The Pantry offers contemporary Australian and international cuisine. Try the Cellar Door for wine tasting and classes.
- Top Australian ships: Pacific Eden, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel
Search for a P&O cruise
Image: Royal Caribbean
A great choice for families, Royal Caribbean’s entertainment choices are second to none. Plus, the cruise line is sending one of its newest mega ships, Ovation of the Seas, down under.
- Wide choice of stateroom options, including the Royal Suite Class that comes with your own personal butler.
- Impressive entertainment, from synchronized swimming shows to photo ops with characters from “Madagascar” and “Kung Fu Panda”.
- Available dining options: Dynamic Dining Choice allows you to eat at your restaurant of choice anytime you want. Sample comfort foods at the American Icon Grill or try Jamie Oliver’s Italian. For something casual, build your own hot dogs at Dog House while The Grande Restaurant will satisfy the most sophisticated taste buds.
- Top Australian ships: Explorer of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas
Search for a Royal Caribbean cruise
Princess Cruises offers what you know and love about the traditional cruising experience with a modern and fun twist.
- For a small fee you can invite family and friends on board when you port on the Bon Voyage Experience.
- Anytime Dining and Movies Under the Stars allow you to watch movies poolside on giant LED screens.
- Available dining options: Try celebrity chef Curtis Stone’s exclusive menu or pub favourites at The Salty Dog served with a gourmet twist. All the dining options on board are made from scratch everyday and use the finest ingredients.
- Top Australian ships: Dawn Princess, Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess
Search for a Princess Cruise
For cruisers looking for style, comfort and great personal service without the hefty price tag, Celebrity should be your choice.
- Aims for personalised service, from greeting you by name to serving your preferred desserts at meals.
- Around the clock activities range from educational to playful.
- Available dining options: Feast on fresh seafood with spectacular ocean or lawn views at The Porch and grill your own steaks at Lawn Club Grill. For a more fine dining experience, explore French classics at Murano.
- Top Australia ships: Celebrity Solstice
Search for a Celebrity Cruise
Image: Holland America
If you prefer a more traditional cruising experience away from the waterslides and parties, consider cruising with Holland America.
- Vintage-style boats with understated decor and unobtrusive programs that cater to the older generation of cruisers.
- Carefully crafted shore excursions with local experts let you explore places and connect with locals.
- Available dining options: The Dining Room is where most go for sophisticated dining abroad. The Pinnacle Grill and Le Cirque are firm favorites or share an authentic Italian experience at Canaletto with loved ones.
- Top Australian ships: MS Maasdam, MS Noordam
Search for a Holland America cruise
Image: Captain Cook
Famed for its Fijian cruises, Captain Cook also offers some river-based itineraries along the Murray River.
- Friendly, easy-going cruises with lots of opportunity to explore local places along the Murray River.
- While Murray River cruises are smaller vessels than ocean liners, all meals are still included.
- Top Australian ships: Murray Princess
Search for a Captain Cook cruise
Average price per night for an Australia cruise with these companies:
- Carnival: $150 per night
- P&O: $107 per night
- Royal Caribbean: $115 per night
- Princess Cruises: $144 per night
- Celebrity Cruises: $185 per night
- Holland America: $137 per night
- Captain Cook (Murray River): $220 per night
Price for a drinks package on these Australia cruise lines
- Bottomless Bubbles: Includes unlimited juice and soda. Note: Carnival's Cheers! Beverage program, which includes unlimited alcohol, or any alcohol-inclusive program, is not available on South Pacific sailings.
Price: $7.25 for adults and $5.50 for children, per day
- Soft drinks: Includes unlimited fizzy drinks.
Price: $7 per day
- In-room bottled water: Includes six 1.5-litre bottles of water delivered to your room.
Price: $19.80 per cruise
- Premium: Includes soft drinks, select spirits, wine, beer, coffee, cocktails and small bottles of water. Note: This package is only available on cruise seven nights or longer.
Price: $79 per day
- Non-Alcoholic: Includes premium coffee and tea, bottled water, fresh orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas.
Price: US$19 for adults and USD$8 for children, per day
- Select: Includes beer, wine by the glass, fountain soda, non-alcoholic cocktails.
Price: US$39 per day
- Premium: Includes premium, frozen and non-alcoholic cocktails, beer, premium wine by the glass, bottled water, fountain soda.
Price: US$49 per day
- Ultimate: Everything from all the packages above, plus any other available drink options.
Price: US$59 per day
Captain Cook (Murray River):
There isn’t a drinks packages available on Captain Cook cruises, however there is a bar and two lounges on board.
- Unlimited Sodas and More: Unlimited fountain soft drinks, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and hot chocolate.
Price: US$8.05 per day
- Cafe Select: Valid for 15 espresso-based specialty coffees.
Price: $35.65 per card
- All Inclusive: Unlimited drinks including cocktails, wine, beer, soda, lattes, cappuccinos and bottled water. Drinks must be valued at no more than $10 each.
- Soda Package: Unlimited sodas at any bar, lounge or restaurant on board.
Price: $12.60 per night
- Premium Bottled Water Package: Evian, Pellegrino and Perrier throughout the cruise at any bar, lounge or restaurant on board.
Price: $22.40 per night
- Premium Non-Alcoholic Package: Unlimited soft drinks, premium bottled waters, specialty teas and coffees, energy drinks and vitamin waters.
Price: $30.80 per night
- Classic Package: Unlimited beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving and wine by-the-glass up to $9 per serving, plus a 15% discount on wine-by-the-bottle.
Price: $77 per night
- Premium Package: Unlimited craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving, plus a 20% discount on wine-by-the-bottle.
Price: $91 per night
Beverage cards available in increments of $25, $50, $100 and $250 can be pre-purchased and used toward drinks on board.
Which destinations do these cruise lines visit?
|Carnival||P&O||Royal Caribbean||Princess||Celebrity Cruises||Holland America||Captain Cook|
|New South Wales||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Want to buy cheap cruises online? Use one of our coupons:
Up to 50% off + onboard credit: Cruise Sale Week
Book now and get up to 50% off plus onboard credit at CruiseAway. Valid on selected Cunard, P&O, Carnival and Holland America cruises. T&Cs apply.
Up to 41% off Antarctic expeditions with Peregrine
Valid on select tours including 41% off the 11-day Antarctic Explorer, 27% off the 7-day Antarctic Express and 27% off the 14-day Crossing the Circle.
Up to 41% off Antarctic and Arctic trips with Intrepid
Valid on select tours departing until in Antarctica and the Arctic. Sample expeditions include the 11-day Antarctic Explorer for 41% off, 8-day Arctic Watch Lodge for 22% off and the 11-day Antarctic Express for 22% off.
Save up to 50%: Mates Rate Sale
Valid on select sailings until 30 April 2018. Get the second passenger in your cabin for up to 50% off on select P&O sailings. Conditions apply.
Up to 14% off Antarctic cruises
Valid on select Antarctic expedition cruises from Quark Expeditions, Antarctica XXI, Silversea an Hurtigruten.
FREE upgrade to all inclusive drinks package
Book now and get your free upgrade to all inclusive drinks package or have a twin room to yourself without paying a supplement at Fred Olsen. T&Cs apply.
Free drinks during your cruise
Book select cruises in Africa, Asia, Australasia, South Pacific, Europe, North America or South America and get a free All Inclusive upgrade to include drinks.
Up to 30% off rivercruises
Valid on select cruises departing until 30 April on the Ganges, Mekong and Burgundy.
Up to 72% off P&O Cruises
Valid on select cruises in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands. Sample discounts include 72% off a 3-night cruise from Brisbane, 85% off a 2-night cruise from Sydney to Melbourne and 56% off a 10-night South Pacific cruise from Sydney.
50% off second passenger on MSC Cruises
Valid on select MSC Cruise booking made before 10 March. Valid on sailings in the Caribbean, South America, Europe, South Africa and the Middle East.
3 for Free Sale: Upgrades, Drinks & Credit
Cruise on selected voyages and you can enjoy a free stateroom location upgrade, plus free onboard spending money, plus a free Wine and Dine package T&Cs apply. See site for details.
Up to 30% off + onboard credit on Royal Caribbean Cruises
Valid on sailings departing before 22 April and also includes 50% off deposits when you book select cruises in Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Transpacific and Asia repositioning cruises and more at CruiseAway. T&Cs apply.
Up to $600 onboard credit + free specialty dining
Get up to $600 free onboard spending money per stateroom. Plus book a Balcony, Mini-Suite or Suite and receive free specialty dining. T&Cs apply.
50% off second passenger on Azamara + free internet
Book outside cabins or higher on select Azamara cruises departing 12 June 2017 until 26 April 2018 and the second passenger sails for free, plus get free unlimited internet.