Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 lead August’s PS Plus games
PlayStation 3 owners score SEGA's Yakuza 5 for free in this month's round of free PlayStation Plus games.
July saw a stellar lineup of PS Plus titles that included the neon-soaked hack-and-slash Furi (which we loved) and the over-the-top Saints Row IV: Gat Out of Hell. August may not offer the same great value, with two indie titles Tricky Towers and Rebel Galaxy. However, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita owners get a good haul with Yakuza 5 and Retro/Grade for the former and Patapon 3 and Ultratron for the latter.
Tricky Towers makes its debut when it launches 2 August with the PS Plus Instant Game Collection. Tricky Towers is a physics-based puzzler where players compete by trying to stack a higher tower than their opponents. Players can cast safety spells on their own towers and curses on an opponent's. It looks like a lot of fun for a couch-based multiplayer experience, something we're seeing less and less of.
The PlayStation 4's second offering Rebel Galaxy is a space adventure with some Firefly vibes. Plonked in a randomly generated universe, players take on various jobs pirating, trading resources and bounty hunting on a 2D plane. The game has reviewed favourably and should appease sci-fi and simulation fans alike.
- Microsoft and AIE launch Xbox Academy in Sydney in April
- April 2017′s Xbox Games With Gold: Ryse up and assassinate
- BioWare reveals it axed plans to make Mass Effect Andromeda play like No Man’s Sky
- Where to find the best price on Mass Effect: Andromeda in Australia
- A new engine for Mass Effect Andromeda “was a radical move” says BioWare