Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 lead August’s PS Plus games
PlayStation 3 owners score SEGA's Yakuza 5 for free in this month's round of free PlayStation Plus games.
July saw a stellar lineup of PS Plus titles that included the neon-soaked hack-and-slash Furi (which we loved) and the over-the-top Saints Row IV: Gat Out of Hell. August may not offer the same great value, with two indie titles Tricky Towers and Rebel Galaxy. However, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita owners get a good haul with Yakuza 5 and Retro/Grade for the former and Patapon 3 and Ultratron for the latter.
Tricky Towers makes its debut when it launches 2 August with the PS Plus Instant Game Collection. Tricky Towers is a physics-based puzzler where players compete by trying to stack a higher tower than their opponents. Players can cast safety spells on their own towers and curses on an opponent's. It looks like a lot of fun for a couch-based multiplayer experience, something we're seeing less and less of.
The PlayStation 4's second offering Rebel Galaxy is a space adventure with some Firefly vibes. Plonked in a randomly generated universe, players take on various jobs pirating, trading resources and bounty hunting on a 2D plane. The game has reviewed favourably and should appease sci-fi and simulation fans alike.
Latest Gaming headlines
- Sonic Mania Plus (Switch) review: The postscript to last year’s love letter
- Plantronics dials it up with its RIG 500 Pro range after hitting number one in Australia
- Razer Huntsman Elite review: Uhh, actuation…
- Limbo (Switch) review: A port that passes the bar
- Alienware 13 R3 OLED review: The sweet-spot between power and portability