August’s cheapest owner-occupier home loans
The home loan market is a frenzy of rate activity. Make sure you're not paying too much.
It's been two years since the Reserve Bank of Australia last moved the official cash rate, and signs point to the current period of rate stability lasting through at least next year.
But home loan rates are anything but stable. In July, 26 lenders made rate changes independent of the Reserve Bank. August is set to be another busy period, with nearly a dozen lenders moving on rates in the first two weeks of the month.
With the home loan market hitting its most active period of the year thus far, we've compiled August's cheapest loans for owner-occupiers. We've separated them into variable and fixed rate loans, and applied the following criteria:
- All loans listed are principal and interest loans for owner-occupiers.
- All loans have a maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR) of at least 80%.
- Each loan has a minimum loan amount of no more than $200,000 and a maximum amount of $500,000 or more.
- Each fixed rate is for a term of three years.
- We've excluded line of credit, guarantor and construction loans.
- Rates are correct as of 13 August 2018.
Check the table below for the cheapest owner-occupier home loans available through finder.com.au. If your lender isn't amongst them, it may be time to refinance for a better deal.
*Our cheapest variable and fixed rate owner-occupier home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here.