August’s cheapest investor home loans
Property investment may be falling, but wise investors are hanging on.
Recent figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics show that property investor participation has fallen to a five-year low. It's easy to see why, with house prices falling, and cost of funding pressures moving lenders to raise their interest rates.
But as house prices fall, the entry point to the housing market is moving closer to being in reach of everyday investors. If you're willing to ride out the lows, property can still be a solid asset class to build wealth.
And despite recent rate rises, there are still great deals available for property investment home loans. We've searched the finder.com.au database to find August's cheapest investment loans, and applied the following criteria:
- All loans have a minimum loan amount of $250,000 or less and a maximum loan amount of $500,000 or higher.
- All six mortgages have maximum loan-to-value ratios of 80%, requiring a 20% deposit.
- We've also excluded lines of credit and construction loans.
- All product information is correct as of 13 August 2018.
You can find our six cheapest loans in the table below. To learn more about investing strategies, read our in-depth guide.
Compare August's cheapest investor loans
eChoice is an award-winning broker with over 18 years of experience, and has helped more than 50,000 Australians to find the right home loan.
- Completely free, expert home loan advice.
- Offers a suite of digital tools to make you a smarter borrower.
- Calculate your borrowing power with a free personalised home loan report.
Technology Platform of the Year 2016
Australian Broking Awards
- The average Australian is literally throwing away $58,000 by not refinancing their home loan
- August’s cheapest owner-occupier home loans
- All of August’s out-of-cycle rate changes
- RBA leaves cash rate untouched at August meeting
- Moody’s worries the falling Aussie dollar could force an RBA rate rise, tipping some mortgage holders into danger