Cover up to 40 serious medical conditions with Asteron Trauma Insurance.
Asteron Trauma Insurance, also known as the Critical Illness insurance, pays you a lump sum if you become stricken with or diagnosed with a specific medical condition. You receive this lump sum benefit whether or not you are unable to work. This lump sum can be used as how you see fit, since the main purpose of trauma insurance is to help ease the financial pressure on you and your family.
Asteron Trauma Insurance will provide up to $2 million in cover for over 40 serious medical conditions with partial payments available for less serious conditions. The policy also offers $10,000 in Child Cover premium-free for each of your children in the event they suffer a serious illness or injury.
What does the policy cover?
|Partial Trauma Benefit|
|Limited Death Benefit|
|Financial Planning Benefit|
|Premium and Cover Suspension Benefit|
|Premium Freeze Option|
|Continuation of Cover|
|Business Security Option|
|Waiver of Premium Option|
|Trauma Booster Option|
|Trauma Reinstatement Option|
More details on what you get
Asteron Trauma Insurance is one of the policies under the Asteron Lifeguard Recovery Program. This program offers a range of affordable and comprehensive levels of cover with lots of features and benefits.
Some of the features included are:
- Maximum lump sum coverage of $2,000,000 on 40 medical conditions, such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, HIV and more.
- Partial payments for less serious medical conditions
- 24-hour worldwide cover
- $10,000 premium-free Child Cover for each of your children stricken with critical illness or seriously injured
- Ability to expand your cover without undergoing further medical check-ups
- Access to confidential support counselling
Aside from this, other additional features included in the program are:
- Cancer Cover Option provides a full or partial payment in the event of cancer, early stage Melanoma, Carcinoma, and more.
- Early Cancer Option is an optional benefit payable only once. This covers for nine cancer definitions such as breast, melanoma and prostate. The amount paid is an advance payment of your trauma benefit which is 10% of the total amount insured and $10,000.
What isn't covered?
Your Asteron Trauma Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- Symptoms relating to the claimed condition arose before cover began
- Medical advice or treatment for the claimed condition was recommended or received from a registered doctor before cover began
In addition, no Death Benefit will be paid if the death is caused by an intentional self-inflicted act within 13 months of:
- Cover commencing
- An increase to the sum insured
- The most recent reinstatement of the cover.
Finally, if you include optional Child Cover in your policy, no benefit will be paid if the event giving rise to the claim was caused by:
- A congenital condition
- The intentional act of the policy owner or someone else who will be entitled to the benefit amount
How can Trauma Insurance help?
Studies have presented facts that cancer has become a major cause of death among Australians together with heart disease and stroke. Among the most affected when it comes to cancer are Australian women.
Facts show that one in four women is likely to have breast cancer before she reaches 75. If we translate that into a clearer figure, that would mean 700 women under 40 years old are diagnosed with breast cancer every year. Moreover, one out of four people are likely to suffer a critical illness between 30 and 64.
And how much expenses would treatment and recovery from cancer would incur? The Cancer Council of NSW has estimated that more than $40,000 is spent during the treatment and recovery period.
You would be saying that you are healthy and have enough savings and may not need Trauma Insurance. However, if you find yourself in one of the situations below, then you should consider Trauma Insurance.
- You are paying a mortgage.
- You are paying a credit card debt and any other debts.
- You have a family.
- You have a business.
- You are self-employed.
- You have insufficient savings to cover for additional expenses, such as medical bills.
Who's eligible for Asteron Trauma Insurance?
The eligibility age for Asteron Trauma Cover varies depending on the premium structure you select:
- If you choose stepped premiums, you must be between 18 and 65 years of age.
- If you choose level premiums, the eligible age range is 18 to 60 years.
You can take out up to $2 million cover to protect against the impact of 40 trauma conditions. Cover expires on the policy anniversary following your 75th birthday.
Why choose Asteron?
Not all Trauma Insurance polices are made equal. So how do you choose the right Trauma cover for you and your family?
Aside from the programs an insurance provider offers, it also helps to look at the track record of the company to get a glimpse if it really fulfils what it promises.
Here are some points what make Asteron Trauma Insurance your choice of cover:
- A proven track record. What does a company which has been around 175 years tell you? Time surely says a lot – no company will be able to endure that long if people are not satisfied. Founded in 1833, Asteron has been giving millions of Australians the necessary cover they are looking for.
- Life Insurance Company of the Year. Being around for a long time is one thing, and receiving awards is another thing. Asteron has been the recipient of various awards over the years given by different award-giving institutions in the industry.
- Benefits for Loyal Clients. If you have been with a company for a long time, it is just natural to expect some kind of reward or bonus. Asteron rewards its loyal customer for every year of your stay.
- Exceptional Support. Asteron’s team of highly-trained and qualified individual will help you every step of the way. You won’t have the feeling of being lost or perplexed as each policy will be thoroughly explained to you.
Why leave everything to chance when you can have protection against critical illness. With Asteron Trauma Protection, you don’t have to worry about the additional financial expenses when you are diagnosed with a critical illness. Asteron will help you pick up the slack while you recover and get back on your feet again.