Assassin’s Creed Origins brings the stabby stab to Ancient Egypt
Scaling pyramids in glorious 4K.
Microsoft confirmed the slew of recent Assassin's Creed leaks by showing off the first footage of Assassin's Creed Origins at its E3 press conference this morning.
As rumoured, the game will be set in Egypt and feature plenty of pyramid climbing, ship sailing, and gladiatorial battles. You play as Bayek, the last Egyptian magi whose origin story will tell the creation of the Assassin's Brotherhood.
Ubisoft is emphasising that Origins will incorporate more RPG elements than previous games, and the gameplay trailer showed off experience points and a level-up system reminiscent of the Far Cry games. Also taking cues from Far Cry was the use of birds as drones for spotting and marking enemies, which seems to support the more open style of play Origins is going for.
Combat has been revamped too, and it looks to be taking a lot of cues from Dark Souls. Slower, more methodical animations make it seem like fights won't be as throwaway as in previous Assassin's Creed titles. Assassin's Creed Origins will release for Xbox One, PC, and PS4 on October 27th. On Xbox One X, the game will run in 4K and support HDR.
We'll be covering E3 all week. You can follow along with us by checking out our guide on how to watch all the E3 2017 live streams, or catch up on all the news and announcements from the show at our E3 2017 hub. Assassin's Creed Origins is one of over 150 titles to be shown off at E3 this week. If last year's trends continue, there's a 70% chance it'll see release before E3 2018.
- E3 2017: Microsoft showed four times more games this year
- E3 2017 by the numbers: 55% more gameplay on show than E3 2016
- E3 2017 by the numbers: The Age of Exclusivity is coming to an end
- E3 2016 vs E3 2017: 60% increase in new IP reveals at E3 2017
- 49 games shown at E3 2017 slated to release this year
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?