Cheap flights to Asia in 2020
Find flight deals from all over Australia to popular destinations in Asia.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Travellers can't go wrong when looking to the neighbouring continent for a cheap holiday with good food and warm hospitality. The most popular destinations in Asia for Australian travellers include Bali, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Travellers can find ancient temples, tropical jungle, idyllic islands and towering mountains in Asia. With more routes being announced and competition from budget and full-service airlines, you’re sure to find a great flight deal to Asia.
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Asia
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Asia.
Asia flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 5 hrs 40 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
- From Melbourne: Approximately 5 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
- From Perth: Approximately 3 hrs 40 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
- From Brisbane: Approximately 5 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
Airlines that fly to Asia
- Singapore Airlines
- You can currently fly non-stop from Australia to Bali, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. A stopover is required to reach destinations such as Cambodia, Japan, Nepal, and countries further afield like India.
- Budget airlines AirAsia, Jetstar and Scoot all offer direct and indirect flights from across Australia to popular Asian cities. You can find unbelievable flight deals with these airlines, but keep in mind that their lead-in fares are for seats only, so you’ll pay extra for any checked luggage, meals and entertainment. Full-service airlines, including Qantas and Asian national carriers include the above in their fares, which are often very competitive, especially when there’s a sale on.
- The most common transit airports in Asia are Singapore (SIN), Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL). If you have a stopover of a few hours, these airports have shower facilities, massage services and plenty of eateries so you can freshen up. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even arrange a tour of the local city with pick-up and drop-off from the airport. Singapore Changi, Tokyo Narita and Taoyuan International Airports are three that offer them for free.
Airport transfer services provided by your hotel or resort are usually reasonably priced and worthwhile. Airports throughout Asia are notorious for touts offering you a cheap ride to your hotel, but you should ignore them as they are known to scam tourists. Airport arrival halls will have desks where you can book private or shared shuttle and taxi transfers. If you don’t have a lot of luggage, then it's worth researching the local public transport options from the airport.
You can find yourself a taxi outside the arrivals terminal. If you are going to do this, it’s best to go straight to a taxi driver and ignore anyone who tries to stop you on the way. Show the driver the name and address of where you want to go and agree on a price before you get in the cab. Major car rental companies operate from most Asian airports, just be aware that driving in most Asian cities is not for the faint-hearted and you should be fully insured.
More guides on Finder
June long weekend travel deals 2020
What you need to know before taking a break over the June long weekend, from how far you can travel to the best deals on flights, accommodation and car hire.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2020
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Australia, Europe and Asia
See this week's round-up of hot airfares to destinations around the world.
AirAsia BIG sale discounts 6 million seats with flights from $80
EXPIRED: Set your 2021 travel plans in motion.
ICYMI: Jetstar one million seats sale is back from $31
EXPIRED: Catch your next holiday in Australia, Asia or Hawaii.
Score cheap flights to Asia from $80 with AirAsia’s sale
EXPIRED: This is not a drill: these are some of the lowest fares AirAsia has dropped.
Score flights to Europe from $799 return with Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines
EXPIRED: If Europe has been calling your name then this flight deal is just for you.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2020
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2020
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2020
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Ask an Expert