Asia flights from $487 return
Cheap flights to Asia in 2021
Find flight deals from all over Australia to popular destinations in Asia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Travellers can't go wrong when looking to the neighbouring continent for a cheap holiday with good food and warm hospitality. The most popular destinations in Asia for Australian travellers include Bali, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Travellers can find ancient temples, tropical jungle, idyllic islands and towering mountains in Asia. With more routes being announced and competition from budget and full-service airlines, you’re sure to find a great flight deal to Asia.
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Asia
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Asia.
How long does it take to fly to Asia from Australia?
It can take just a few hours from the Northern Territory Western Australia, or five hours or more if you're coming from elsewhere in Australia. However, the flight time really depends where in Australia you're flying from and where in Asia you're flying to.
As an example, see some approximate flight times to Bali from major Australian cities:
- From Sydney: Approximately 5 hrs 40 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
- From Melbourne: Approximately 5 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
- From Perth: Approximately 3 hrs 40 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
- From Brisbane: Approximately 5 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar)
Which airlines fly to Asia from Australia?
Some airlines that offer direct flights to Asia from Australia include:
- Singapore Airlines
When's the best time to book Christmas flights to Asia?
This depends on the destination you are flying to and from, but generally you can get a good deal three to six months prior to the trip.
If you are travelling to Bali from Sydney, you'll score the biggest savings (up to 6%) when you book a Christmas flight in June.
If you fly from Melbourne, discounts are as high as 8%.
For a flight to Singapore, reservations in June and July get you up to 10% discounts from both Sydney and Melbourne.
According to Skyscanner the situation is more complicated with Christmas flights to Seoul, South Korea. If you book your flight from Sydney in September, you save up to 12%. If you book too early, you might miss out on savings with flights purchased in July only saving you up to 6%.
There is a steep increase in prices in the third and fourth weeks of December. If you are on a long trip and have the flexibility, try booking flights to Asia on or before the second week of December and return on or after New Year's Day.
- You can currently fly non-stop from Australia to Bali, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. A stopover is required to reach destinations such as Cambodia, Japan, Nepal, and countries further afield like India.
- Budget airlines AirAsia, Jetstar and Scoot all offer direct and indirect flights from across Australia to popular Asian cities. You can find unbelievable flight deals with these airlines, but keep in mind that their lead-in fares are for seats only, so you’ll pay extra for any checked luggage, meals and entertainment. Full-service airlines, including Qantas and Asian national carriers include the above in their fares, which are often very competitive, especially when there’s a sale on.
- The most common transit airports in Asia are Singapore (SIN), Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL). If you have a stopover of a few hours, these airports have shower facilities, massage services and plenty of eateries so you can freshen up. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even arrange a tour of the local city with pick-up and drop-off from the airport. Singapore Changi, Tokyo Narita and Taoyuan International Airports are three that offer them for free.
More guides on Finder
Virgin Happy Hour sale: Just 6 hours to book your $58 flight
EXPIRED: Score discount flights to 15 destinations all around Australia with free, unlimited date changes until 31 January 2022.
Jetstar sale: $33 flights and 17 cities on sale
EXPIRED: It's a great time to book travel while low sales prices continue for destinations all around Australia.
Virgin sale: $59 flights throughout winter
EXPIRED: Take your pick from one of the flexible flight deals in Virgin's rest of Australia sale.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards June 2020
Imagine what you could do with up to 200,000 bonus points on one of these credit cards.
June long weekend travel deals 2021
What you need to know before taking a break over the June long weekend, from how far you can travel to the best deals on flights, accommodation and car hire.
Cheap flights to Christchurch (CHC) you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Australia, Europe and Asia
See this week's round-up of hot airfares to destinations around the world.
Head around the globe from $289 with this Qantas sale
EXPIRED: Fly away from reality with flights to Noumea, Tokyo and Bali.
Ask an Expert