Apple released a sport model of it's watch. Say goodbye to your Fitbit!
- Choose and customise your watch face however you would like. You can switch between colours and change the amount of detail on the watch face
- The watch face will show you something called 'Complications'. This includes your alarm, weather, sunrise/sunset
- Glances will allow you to quickly swipe to find out important things to you like when your next meeting is, sports scores and helping you with directions to your next destination using maps
New ways to connect with people
- Use Sketch to quickly draw something and send it to your friend
- Use Tap to send a quick gentle note telling a friend or loved one that you're thinking of them
- You can even send your heartbeat using the Apple Watch inbuilt heart rate sensor.
Message & Call Notifications
- The Apple Watch screen will show you who is trying to contact you whether it be a message or a phone call
- You can respond in various ways including using your voice, sharing your location, sending a message, animations, or even just emoji
Accept & make phone calls
- You are now able to accept and make phone calls from your wrist using the inbuilt microphone and speaker
- You can mute a call by covering the watch with your hand
Read and send e-mails
- The mail app makes it possible to read and send e-mails
Health and Fitness
- Use the Activity app to provide a snapshot of your daily activity
- Measure how long you're sitting vs standing
- Reminders to tell you to stand every hour
- Track all your calorie expenditure
- Set 'Move' goals for your workouts / calorie expenditure
- All activities you do will be measured even if it's not a workout.
- Set goals for your activity types
- Get progress updates during your workout
- Get a complete summary of your workout including total distance travel, total time of the workout and active calories burned
- The Heart Rate sensor will detect your heart rate during workouts to help you determine the intensity level of your workout and improve your calorie measurements
- The WiFi and GPS will allow you to measure the distance and speed during your workouts like walking, running and cycling
- The in built accelerometer (which isn't a completely new piece of componentry for Apple) will keep track of your steps and body movement throughout the day.
- The Apple Watch can help keep you motivated with personalised feedback to remind you to reach your Move, Exercise and Standing goals.
- Apple Watch has inbuilt badges and incentives for reaching each achievement
- The new Apple Watch Sport has a case which is constructed out of anodize aluminum and is available in either Space Grey or Silver.
- The display for the Apple Watch is strengthened using Ion-X glass.
- The new alloy used in the Apple Watch Sport is called 7000 Series Aluminum and it is 60% stronger than standard alloys
- The glass for the Apple Watch is scratch resistant
- The Apple Watch Sport comes in both 38mm and 42mm cases
- The fluoroelastomer band comes in 5 different colours
- The new Apple Watch Sport price will be between $499 and $579 in Australian Dollars, not USD.
- It's going to be possible to see the new Apple Watch Sport in store from April 10th in Australia Judging on the success of the Fitbit and the fact that Apple has already taken Fitbits off the shelves in it's Apple Store's, it wasn't a huge surprise to see that Australia was included in the list of the 9 countries that will be first to get their hands on the new Apple Watch.
Pictures of the new Apple Watch Sport
Apple Watch Sport with White Sport Band
Apple Watch Sport with Blue Sport Band
Apple Watch Sport with Green Sport Band
Apple Watch Sport with Pink Sport Band
Apple Watch Sport with Black Sport Band