Stay up to date with what your friends ate for lunch... at any hour of the day.
Staying connected has never been easier with the latest social media apps from Apple Watch. Whether you need to chat to your friends, scroll through your feed for the latest headlines or stay ahead of what's happening online, all it takes is a quick glance at your watch. One of the best things about social media on the Apple Watch is it keeps you connected without taking you away — no need to pull out your phone to check Twitter or enter your passcode to see your latest message. Your watch will notify you and all you have to do is lift your arm.
|Apple Watch App Name||Category||Release Date||Publisher||Price||Age Advisory Rating||Avg. User Rating|
|Social Networking||24/04/15||Twitter, Inc.||Free||4+||2.5|
|Social Networking||24/04/15||Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited||Free||12+||4.5|
|Social Networking||24/04/15||SINA Corporation (Nasdaq: SINA)||Free||17+||4.5|
Stay social with Apple
- Chat with your friends. Messaging is even easier with the Apple Watch, with your friends just the click of a button away. See thumbnails and access your favourites easily by pushing the button on the side. There are also apps available that make messaging easier and that even let you find new friends.
- Stay in tune with social updates. Want to know what's happening in your social feed? You can get updated in a second on your watch. Apps like Twitter are transforming the way we interact with headlines and keep up to date with news, and now you can interact with it in a whole new way.
- Keep your followers, well, following. Blogging and social media is about being current and staying ahead of the game — one of the easiest ways to do this is with social apps at your fingertips. Apps like Weibo keep the blogging world at your fingertips, with messages and updates coming to you directly.
Why you'll want 140 characters on your Apple Watch screen
If you're on Twitter, their Apple Watch app is worth a look. You'll be able to access your Twitter feed so you have the world of news, culture and politics at your fingertips. Stay on top of what's happening in your world and even feel a 'gentle tap' when new tweets are posted. While you can't type a new tweet, simply dictate your latest and greatest thought and the Twitter world will see it. You can also retweet and favourite straight from the watch.
Your Apple Watch will make sure you keep connected with not only the people you want, but the stories, the news and the culture you want. The social world will be a mere glance away.
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.