Extra! Extra! Apple gadgets finally deliver – news to your watch, that is
News has become something we're constantly connected to — headlines stream through our newsfeed and we want to be up to date with the stories that matter to us. Now, Apple is giving you the ability to conveniently scroll through headlines, engage with stories and connect with media wherever you are. News apps let you save stories for later after you've found what you want to read.
|Apple Watch App Name||Category||Release Date||Publisher||Price||Age Advisory Rating||Avg. User Rating|
|The Globe and Mail||News||24/04/15||The Globe and Mail||Free||4+||N/A|
|CNN||News||24/04/15||CNN Interactive Group, Inc.||Free||12+||3.5|
|NYTimes||News||24/04/15||The New York Times Company (iDP)||Free||12+||3|
|Wall Street Journal||News||TBC||Wall Street Journal||Free||4+||3.5|
How the Apple Watch will bring the news to you
- Personalised news feed. You know the news you're interested in and you know the stories you click on. When it comes to consuming news on your Apple watch, you just want to see the headlines you want. Apps like the one from CNN shows you news from 12 personalised categories, and you can remove things from your feed you're not interested in. Notifications can also keep you on top of breaking stories.
- Save headlines to a reading list for later. Let's be honest — it might be tough to read an in-depth news article on your watch. That's why one great feature offered by many of the news apps is the ability to save news stories for later. If you have the same app across multiple devices you can see a story on your Watch and read it later on your iPhone.
- Delve into all types of media. It's not only standard newspapers that are getting a look into the Apple Watch app game, but other forms of media too. NPR One lets users search for shows and control playback functions for your phone's playlist.
For all your news needs, you might want to download NYTimes
The NYTimes has created tailored news especially for watch-reading. Scrolling through your newsfeed you'll see short headlines, bulleted lists and eye-catching photos. If you're interested in a story, you can save it to read for later to read on your phone or tablet. The app lets you build a personal reading list, giving you control over what you read while you have the convenience of browsing on your watch.
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.
Now you can check the headlines as you check the time. See what the Apple Watch news apps have in store for you.