You'll never be lost again with the Apple Watch on your forearm.
Gone are the days where you've labelled yourself as a tourist by hiding behind a large map and pointing at street signs. Gone are the days, too, of even downloading your maps and printing them before driving somewhere. Live navigation has long been a staple in both phones and as standalone devices — and now you can enjoy being navigated by your Apple Watch. Navigation apps are going to change the game in terms of convenience and time-saving when it comes to navigation. We'll take you through what's available.
|Apple Watch App Name||Category||Release Date||Publisher||Price||Age Advisory Rating||Avg. User Rating|
|Transit||Navigation||24/04/15||9280-0366 Quebec inc.||Free||4+||4.5|
Why you'll want your watch to tell you where to go
- The world of transport is at your fingertips — well, wrist. Some apps provide a truly integrated transport experience. The app knows where you are and can find the easiest way for you to get where you're going — whether that be through public transport, a cab or by driving. Apps like Citymapper are integrated with the transport system for the city you're in, as well as cab systems and ride share companies like Uber. Now, enjoy all of these features on your watch.
- Get home from wherever you are. You're running for the train and have to pull out your phone to check when the next train is coming, and then enter the app to check when it arrives, but by the time you have you've waisted a few precious seconds. This won't happen anymore with the convenience of transport apps on your phone. Save trips and know when your next train or bus is coming. Don't know where you are? Apps like Transit have the option to select 'take me home', and that's exactly what the app will do.
Want a quick view of transport? Take a look at Transit.
Transit is an app that gives you a quick snapshot of your trip home. Your next train, how to get home, the steps you have to take to get there. While other apps might complicate this process, Transit endeavours to make it simpler. Your transport options are varied — from standard transport like trains and buses through the car sharing service Uber, you'll be able to receive real-time data for it all. At the moment this app is only available for cities in the US and Canada, so take a look to see if your city is available.
Apple Watch knows where you live. But don't worry — it'll help you get home.
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.