Apple's most personal product yet and it's coming to Australia!
From your pocket to your wrist, it seems like there no escape from the technological revolution. Apple promises its most innovative product yet, the Apple Watch, designed to meet all your needs just by tapping your wrist.
On the outside
We're not going to lie, it does look pretty fancy. The collection comes in two finishes: traditional or space black.
- Highly polished stainless steel and space black stainless steel cases
- Display of sapphire crystal
- Choice of three leather bands: link bracelet, a Milanese loop and a band made from a high performance fluoro-elastomer
|Stainless steel||316L stainless steel that is 40% harder and less susceptible to corrosion|
|Sapphire crystal||The hardest, transparent material on Earth, next to diamond.|
|Link bracelet||With more than 100 components and at least 90 hours of work, the links are brushed by hand to ensure that the design is contoured. Links can be removed for the best fit with a butterfly closure fold. Available in stainless steel and black stainless steel.|
|Milanese loop||A modern twist on the Italian designed. The mesh wraps around your wrist with a magnetic design.|
|Modern buckle||French leather sourced from an 1803 tannery, the same material that NASA used to make landing airbags. Available in pink, brown and midnight blue.|
|Leather loop||Handcrafted from the Naples, Italy, this Venezia leather has five generations of artisan heritage. Available in stone, light brown and bright blue.|
|Classic buckle||Dutch leather from the renowned ECCO tanner in the Netherlands with a simple closure buckle. Available in black.|
We believe this aluminium allow sets a new standard, both in the way it performs and the way it looks. - Jony Ive
- All day battery life of 18 hours with a magnetic charger
- Accurate within milliseconds with the UTC (time standard across the world)
- Customise your own clock face with digital faces and fun faces.
- Glances: swipe to see weather updates, your appointments, heart rate and music
- Communication: you can receive messages, calls, media and emails
- Digital touch: tap your watch to get your friend's attention and send them your heartbeat (really?)
- Health and fitness companion: your Apple watch will tell you when you've been sitting for too long with reminders to be more active
- Use Apple Pay at participating stores
- Integrate with Siri
- Get notifications from sports
- Connect with social media
- Read daily news
How does it work?
The Apple Watch is dominantly controlled by your iPhone using the Apple Watch app. You can set up your apps for your iPhone, even connect to your friend's Apple Watches and control your settings.
The app is available for download now if you'd like to see the potential of what an Apple Watch can do for you.
- For the 38mm the price starts from $549 to $1,049 depending on band you choose
- For the 42mm the price starts from $599 to $1,099 depending on band
Limited edition: Crafted from 18 carat solid yellow or rose gold
The most beautiful expression of an Apple product yet.
- An 18 carat solid gold watch with customer-designed band and buckles made from solid gold
- From $10,000 price for limited edition
When is it available?
Preorders will be available from April 10 and from this date, you'll be able to try them on at your local Apple retail store.
Shipping will commence on April 24 available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, United Kingdom and the United States.