Oh, look. It's food o'clock.
The age of technological advancement has had some truly great achievements. The invention of electricity. The telephone. The Internet. And now this — the ability to browse recipes, make restaurant reservations, be your kitchen assistant and yes, for the health conscious — eat healthier as well, all from your watch. The Apple Watch is making it possible for some truly great food and drink apps to bring their impressive features to the table (pun definitely intended). What features are these exactly? Read on to find out.
|Apple Watch App Name||Category||Release Date||Publisher||Price||Age Advisory Rating||Avg. User Rating|
|OpenTable||Food and Drink||24/04/15||OpenTable, Inc.||Free||4+||4.5|
|Green Kitchen||Food and Drink||24/04/15||Amazing Applications AB||$4.99||4+||2|
|Kitchen Stories||Food and Drink||24/04/15||AJNS New Media GmbH||Free||4+||5|
What's the time Mr Wolf? Dinnertime! Or lunch, or breakfast, or....
- Discover new culinary possibilities. The Internet made finding recipes a whole lot easier — and apps have made the experience of transitioning that recipe into an actual meal a much smoother one. Use your Apple Watch to access your shopping list from your favourite recipes, and when it comes to cooking, use the watch to set a timer.
- Make your dining experience easier. Making a restaurant reservation and discovering new places to eat is the focus of many apps, and now this is being brought right to your wrist. Apps like OpenTable helps you find new restaurants, look through menus, and the app helps you all the way through to booking the table. Now, enjoy even more convenience with these features on your Apple Watch.
- Let your watch turn you green. When you're trying to make a healthy choice for yourself, you want the process to be as easy as possible. Enter the Apple Watch healthy eating apps. Apps for those with special health needs, such as Green Kitchen for vegetarians, helps you manage your cooking conveniently from your watch. With Green kitchen, smart timers know what recipe your cooking and you can manage multiple timers at once.
Why Kitchen Stories is a must-have for foodies
With a simple interface that includes pictures and full recipes, you'll get all the features of a recipe app you need from the convenience of your Apple Watch. Browse through recipes and choose one that suits. Then, you can use your watch as a shopping list without even having to take your iPhone out. The app support doesn't stop at the grocery store — once you turn the oven on, set your watch timer so you'll be notified when your meal is ready.
The convenience of apps are being brought to the fore and being stationed on your arm. From finding recipes to setting kitchen timers and booking tables at restaurants, your Apple Watch is definitely catering to your inner foodie.
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.