Painting with your watch? The future is here.
The Apple Watch is stretching the possibilities of entertainment to its near-limits. With the diversity of apps being developed and the amazing possibilities on offer, you'll start to realise how much your wrist has been a wasted, entertainment-less void up until this point. The Apple Watch itself is quite exciting and is bound to provide entertainment in itself, but why stop there? Take a look at these entertainment apps that you can download to your new watch.
|Apple Watch App Name||Category||Release Date||Publisher||Price||Age Advisory Rating||Avg. User Rating|
|Procreat Pocket||Entertainment||24/04/15||Savage Interactive Pty Ltd||$2.99||4+||5|
Let your Apple Watch entertain you
- Let your creative juices flow. You know what it's like — you get on the bus and you realise you've forgotten to pack your notebook, or canvas, whatever your creative endeavour might be. But never fear, you're wearing your Apple Watch, and this is where apps like Procreat Pocket fill in the void. Your Apple Watch becomes your paintbrush, your iPhone your canvas. Choose brushes, effects or an eraser and undo, redo and change colours using your watch and create your masterpiece on your phone. Save your painting and complete your design on your iPad.
- Fuel your entertainment habits. In this day and age, entertainment is as much about convenience as it is about being entertained. Fandango is about providing that convenience. The iPhone version lets you buy movie tickets, watch trailers, get reminders for movies, and the like. You can find these features on their Apple Watch app – making going to the movies as easy as checking the time. While you won't be able to buy tickets with the app, you can have a scannable ticket on your phone, see reminders for movies — even set countdowns — and find theater information.
- Never be bored with bite-sized content. Other apps related to media such as news and magazines are also available. You can also find education-related games to keep your brain active while your keeping yourself amused.
Our pick – how to be best entertained
For movie lovers, it really doesn't get much better (or more convenient) than this. Indulge in your cinema-hopping habits and keep track of it using your watch. Oh, the irony of being able to check the time a movie starts on a device that was originally designed to purely tell the time. Not only that but you can make your movie trip into more of an experience with a countdown and even reminders. Then, after you purchase your ticket using the app on another device, simply turn up and show them your Apple Watch where your ticket will be stored.
As smartwatches become more common, the possibilities of being entertained by them will too, develop. Discover for yourself where the future of technology is headed.
- ALSO READ: Gaming on the Apple Watch
- ALSO READ: How Your Apple Watch Can Save You Money on Life Insurance
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of TV Shows on Netflix Australia