We've come a long way from using watches to learn to tell the time.
The world of education has been heading into the tech space at lightening speed. From computer games to phone apps, there's a literal plethora of technology available to help us learn and excel from the early stages of their lives right into adulthood. With the release of the Apple Watch, we've also seen some education apps released for the device that are worth a look in.
|Apple Watch App Name||Category||Release Date||Publisher||Price||Age Advisory Rating||Avg. User Rating|
|PlayKids||Education||24/04/15||Movile Internet Movel S.A.||Free||4+||4|
|Babbel||Education||24/04/15||Lesson Nine GmbH||Free||4+||4|
|Peak Brain Training||Education||24/04/15||Brainbow Limited||Free||4+||4.5|
How will these apps help you learn?
- Controlled learning environment. If you're looking to help educate your children, there are specific apps designed for kids, so you know all the content will be suitable for their age. For instance, PlayKids offers a platform where kids can access videos and games that are meant for young kids on their iPad or iPhone. Using your apple watch you can pause their video when you want them to take a break and even tell them when it's time for bed.
- Expand your learning horizons. Apple Watch makes learning not only fun, but convenient. Do you travel often? Download Babbel to your Apple Watch and you'll receive new words based on your location. This is an app you can use on the go, wherever you are.
- Keep your learning at a peak. One thing about learning and developing skills is practise. Apple Watch makes this easy by giving you access to brain training apps wherever you are — no more excuses for a lack of convenience. Peak Brain Training lets you train your brain in 45-second intervals and you can play three games at once.
Our pick – apps to pay attention to
- Peak Brain Training
You really can't get much better than this game if you're looking for a fun, bite-sized way to give your brain a workout. This game is designed not only for fun, but there's a science behind it. The developers worked with experts in neuroscience, cognitive science and education to develop a game that helps you exercise the possibilities of your mind. The introduction of this game to the Apple Watch sees it come with two new exclusive games as well as the same features that made it 'Appstore Best of 2014' in 24 countries.
This one is definitely worth a download.
So are you looking to take the best advantage of the next advancement in technology? Do you want to learn and develop your mind in the most convenient way possible? Do you want to be able to stop your kids videos with a simply push of your watch? You might want to consider the possibilities of the education apps on the Apple Watch.
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.