That’s right. The Apple Watch Edition, Apple’s high end answer to anyone currently wearing a Rolex, will be priced at the $14,000 mark upwards in Australia
As well as all the features of the Apple Watch, the Watch Edition comes in either rose or yellow 18-karat gold, with custom designed bands, a polished sapphire crystal display protection, and elegant clasps and buckles to round it off.
Apple CEO Tim Cook called it “the most beautiful expression of the Apple Watch” at the Apple Live event this morning, where all three Apple Watch options were unveiled. You’d be hard pressed to argue.
Aside from the user interface, the bands have an elegant touch, with rose or yellow 18-karat gold finishings, leather and sport band options, and classic and modern buckles. Band colours include midnight blue, black, rose grey, white, and bright red.
Size options include 38-mm and 42-mm. Pre-orders will open in selected countries (including Australia) on April 10, with the products available April 24.
Watch Edition Features
- Rose or yellow 18-karat gold
- Polished sapphire crystal display protection
- Elegant clasps (leather and sport) and buckles (classic and modern)
- Custom designed bands, finished with rose or yellow 18-karat gold
- Water resistant
- 32-mm and 42-mm
- Midnight blue, black, rose grey, bright red
The Apple Watch Edition will be priced from $14,000 upwards in Australia. Design features will cause the price to vary.
New ways to stay in touch
- Connect with your friends via other Apple Watches
- Send them sketches, notifications, or even your heartbeat
- Accept and make phone calls from your Apple Watch
- Mute the call by covering your watch with your hand
- Get a notification on your Apple Watch whenever you receive a message
- Hold up your write to read it, or lower your arm to dismiss it
- Respond with words or emojis
- Pay for items by touching your Apple Watch to the EFTPOS machine
- 18 hours of battery life
- Charging made easy: hold the magnetic charger to the back of the watch and it will connect.
Health & Fitness
- Get a snapshot of your daily activity with the Move Ring.
- See how much you've moved, calories you've burnt, and distance travelled
- Get reminders to stand up when you've been sitting too long. You'll get a notification to stand up after an hour of sitting. Standing during 12 different hours in the day closes the ring
- New daily and weekly Move goals suggested. Apple Watch learns how you exercise, so these goals will be realistic and achievable.
- Weekly progress reports every Monday
- Earn badges for reaching personal bests or hitting milestones
Which Watch Edition design do you like best?
Of course, you can customise your Watch Edition any way you choose with the elements Apple has made available. These are just a few examples: