Apple slices iPhone SE Australian price
The announcement of the iPhone 7 is good news if you already fancied the iPhone SE, as Apple has cut the price slightly of the 64GB variant locally.
All the hype right now is around the iPhone 7 launch and Apple Watch Series 2 models, but with every new Apple launch, older models get cut or left by the wayside. That’s the case for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 ranges, which are now off Apple’s official sales list, but not the iPhone SE.
That’s not terribly surprising given that Apple only launched the iPhone SE earlier this year. It would be rather annoying if it had dropped the phone entirely after only a few months on sale, after all.
With the iPhone 6s range getting a doubling down of data, the iPhone SE remains the only iPhone model now shipping with 16GB of storage at its bottom tier. 16GB is a pretty poky amount, and Apple hasn’t changed the pricing on that tier at all since yesterday, with an outright price of $679.
What Apple has done, however, is cut the price down very nicely on the 64GB model. Had you purchased one earlier this week, it would have cost you $829, but as of this morning’s update, it’s now a more wallet-friendly $749. The $70 price difference between the two SE models makes the poky 16GB version even less compelling, but if you wanted the SE in the first place, it’s now even cheaper to officially acquire.
- Australians don’t care about losing headphone jack from the iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Everything you need to know
- iPhone 7: Did Apple create something truly “magical”?
- Apple AirPods: Specifications, pricing and Australian availability
- iPhone 7 vs Galaxy S7 vs Galaxy Note 7
- Apple iPhone 7 vs iPhone 6s
- Apple will release iOS 10 on 13 September
- WatchOS 3 will launch on 13 September
- The Apple Watch Series 2 will have these new features
- Pokémon GO heading to Apple Watch
- Super Mario Run coming to the App Store