After announcing it's new presence in China who now has 21 retail stores, Tim Cook went straight into things.
- Currently offers HBO, known for great content such Game of Thrones. Other channels such as Netflix, Disney and ESPN are available.
- The launch of HBO Now - all that is required is a broadband connection, no cable or satellite subscription, released in early April, $19.95 per month.
- Apple TV reduced from $99 to $69.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone is still considered to be the best and top-selling smartphone in the world.
- Last year selling rate nearly doubled, nearly twice the rate of the rest of the market
- 700 million iPhones sold so far
- Customer satisfaction up to 99%
- Apple Pay has been launched for six months with banks like Citibank participating
- Now over 2,500 retailers supporting Apple Pay including retailers such as: Nike and McDonalds, with 700,000 accepted location
- Can be used in vending machines - 40,000 vending machines available from Coca Cola
Update on apps
Your new apps are only an arm's length away.
- CarPlay: Every major car brand as committed with over 40 car models available
- Home Kit: Control devices at home
- HealthKit: iPhone now has the most profound change and positive impact on health with already 900 apps tracking health and fitness. Apple has not committed across an even broader area, medical research
Apple contributes to medical research
Apple has spoken to the medical experts and the conversation often turned to research and the challenges faces in a process that hasn't changed.
What are the biggest challenges for medical research today?
- Recruiting candidates
- Subjective data
- Infrequent data
- One-way communication.
But what is the hundreds of millions of iPhone users could contribute? Introducing ResearchKit, a software made for medical research and turns iPhone into medical research. Apple has worked alongside reputable institutions to help gather data about diseases such as Parkinson's, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, breast cancer and asthma.
Anyone with an iPhone can sign up and it essentially turns your iPhone into diagnostic tool. Users get to see results on his or on her phone to influence results before the study is finished.
Nothing more sensitive than data about your health so Apple has confirmed that they will not see your data.
ResearchKit is also open sourced (a huge deal for Apple), providing access through a free licence to the product's design and universal redistribution and universal improvements.Back to top
For the last decade the Macbook has dominated the notebook space. While the notebook industry has declined, sales for the MacBook have actually increased.
Reinventing the notebook
Apple claims that this is the most extreme and efficient macbook ever created. It weighs less than a kilo, 907 grams to be exact and it's thickest point is 13.1 mm, making it the thinnest Macbook ever created. It's 24% thinner than the previous Macbook Air with an all metal enclosure
Full sized keyboard
Disregarding the scissor mechanism and using the new, butterfly mechanism which is four times more stable and thinner. New lighting system with LED for each key will also be included.
- 12" display with retina.
- New trackpad: force touch trackpad with four sensors, haptic engine to provide feedback on clicking
- LogicBoard (aka motherboard): first fan less Macbook ever, the board is 67% smaller with 5th Generation Intel Core M
- World's most energy efficient notebook
- Battery: asymmetric, terraced contoured battery cell, all day battery life with up to 9 hours wireless web
- Extreme portability: introduction of USB-C, one slot that that supports USB, HDMI, VGA (all through one connector)
- Colours: silver, space grey, gold (yes, gold!)
Price starting from $1299, beginning to ship April 10.Back to top