If you're planning to upgrade to the iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro, it's well worth knowing how much you can get for your existing handset. Read more…
Apple iPhone 8 review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
If you favour a smaller handset and have been waiting years for acceptable iPhone battery life, the iPhone 8 is a very good premium option.
750 x 1334px
Finder rated as Good vs similar phones
Power, storage and battery
|Launch price (RRP)||$1,079|
- Improved battery life
- Great processor performance
- Wireless charging now standard
- Old school iPhone design
- Only a single lens camera
- iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X are more fully featured
The smallest member of the 2017 iPhone family is a serious premium contender.
Of all the handsets announced at Apple's launch of its 2017 iPhones, the iPhone 8 model was the one that was met with the most lukewarm response.
That's hardly a shock given that the primary focus of the event was clearly the iPhone X, and even if its full-screen display and FaceID features didn't impress you, there was always the iPhone 8 Plus, with its dual cameras and larger battery capacity.
Against that competition, the iPhone 8 is rather easy to overlook, but the reality is that it fills a niche few handset makers even consider any more. That's the space for a more hand- and pocket-friendly device with plenty of power because most smaller-screened Android handsets tend to be low-power, budget devices.
- Maintains that familiar iPhone look, for better and for worse
- The glass back adds weight and attracts fingerprints like nobody's business
- The single lens lacks the versatility of multi-lens arrays in other smartphones
- Still one of the best cameras available in a phone of this size
- Genuinely impressive performance that challenges the value of the iPhone X
- The relatively small screen limits the benefits of all that power
- Finally delivers all-day performance from an iPhone
- Wireless charging is a big plus
- Not a significant upgrade from the iPhone 7
- Improved battery life is welcome, but still not on par with the competition
Pricing and availability
- Price: From RRP $779
- Where to buy: Apple | Amazon Australia | eBay | Kogan The Good Guys | Harvey Norman | JB Hi-Fi
Compare Apple iPhone 8 plans
Apple iPhone 8 specs
Power, storage and battery
Latest iPhone 8 news
The iPhone 8 isn't a cheap device, but you can still score a solid deal by checking out our round-up of the latest plans and outright purchase options. Read more…
Everything you need to know about wireless charging and the phones that support this super-convenient way to keep the power flowing to your handset. Read more…