Apple’s iPhone 7 Plus isn’t tremendously innovative, but it is rather good.
- New colour range
- Water resistance works well
- Taptic engine has possibilities
- Good battery life
- Exceptional dual camera
- No headphone jack
- It’s big
- It’s expensive
- Stereo audio is underwhelming
- Slow to charge
If you believe the Apple hype, every new generation of iPhone is magical, wonderful and revolutionary. After around 10 generations (depending on how you count the iPhone SE), we’re not so sure that every single one of those words still applies, but there’s little doubting the general frenzy that surrounds a new iPhone launch. With the iPhone 7, Apple has applied some new techniques and technology to the iPhone line to bring it more into line with its Android competitors and, in some cases, leap over them.
The A10 Fusion chip that powers the iPhone 7 Plus is the biggest new improvement under the hood of the phone, alongside improved dual-camera optics exclusive to the larger iPhone. The iPhone 7 is broadly similar in specifications, save for only having the single wide 12MP camera at the rear (and the smaller screen, of course).
- The addition of water resistance and higher storage capacities are much appreciated
- The loss of the headphone jack, however, is not
- Adding a dual-lens camera greatly increases the capabilities of the iPhone 7 Plus
- Automatic image configuration allows photographers of all skill levels to take high-quality shots
- Top-of-the-line performance makes the iPhone 7 Plus the go-to choice for raw power
- The two-tier design of the A10 Fusion processor allows for more power efficiency when performing simple tasks
- A bigger battery and a smarter processor give the iPhone 7 Plus significantly better battery life than any iPhone preceding it
- By incorporating long-awaited features like water resistance and a dual-lens camera, the iPhone 7 Plus reaffirms Apple's position at the forefront of the premium smartphone space
Pricing and availability
Apple iPhone 7 Plus
Bigger and better
The iPhone 7 Plus improves upon nearly every aspect of its predecessor to deliver a premium experience free from compromise. Discover this for yourself by purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus outright or on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone.
- Apple sells the iPhone 7 Plus outright for $1,049 with 32GB of onboard storage, or $1,199 with 128GB of storage.
- The iPhone 7 Plus is also available on contract through Telstra, Vodafone and Optus.
Apple iPhone 7 Plus specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||5.5 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 1920|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Rear camera megapixels||12MP + 12MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||f/1.8 + f/2.8|
|Front camera megapixels||7MP|
|Front camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Dimensions||158.2mm x 77.9mm x 7.3mm|
|Network category speed||Category 9|
|External storage support||Up to N/A|
Compare Apple iPhone 7 Plus plans
Latest iPhone news
We help you find the best Vodafone phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best handsets available right now. Read more…
It's nothing to do with reverse wireless charging, though. Read more…
The iPhone 8 isn't a cheap device, but you can still score a solid deal by checking out our round-up of the latest plans and outright purchase options. Read more…