If you've already heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem with apps and iTunes purchases and like large-screened phones, the Apple iPhone 6s Plus is a good choice, although it's rather dated now.
- Solid battery life
- Good performance
- Good iOS camera
- 3D Touch expands your interaction options
- Live Photos
- It's a large phone
- It's not a huge jump from the iPhone 6 Plus
- It's premium priced
The iPhone 6s Plus is large enough to accommodate a battery that beats the iPhone battery curse and powerful enough for those who want a truly premium device.
- Classic iPhone design.
- Bezel-heavy and not particularly high resolution either.
- A good camera eclipsed by later iPhone models.
- Good performance for a phone of its age.
- Acceptable battery life to get through a single day's usage.
- A "classic" iPhone option, if you're keen on that.
- Few contract options means you may be better off with a newer iPhone.
Pricing and availability
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
Apple's large-screen smartphone
The iPhone 6s Plus provides a large display, fine camera and good performance.
- Apple sells the iPhone 6s Plus outright for $849 (32GB) and $999 (128GB).
- Better deals can be found by comparing prices on the iPhone 6s Plus from Australian retailers.
|Display size (inches)||5.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Battery size (mAh)||2,750|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest iPhone 6s Plus news
How does Samsung's brand-new Galaxy S10 compare to the popular Apple iPhone XS? Read more…
Should you opt for the new flagship Samsung Galaxy S10+ or the premium Apple iPhone XS Max? Read more…
If it's a cheap iPhone you're after, 2015's iPhone 6s still has a whole lot to offer at an affordable price. Read more…