If you've already heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem with apps and iTunes purchases and like large-screened phones, the Apple iPhone 6s Plus is a good choice, although it's rather dated now.
- Solid battery life
- Good performance
- Good iOS camera
- 3D Touch expands your interaction options
- Live Photos
- It's a large phone
- It's not a huge jump from the iPhone 6 Plus
- It's premium priced
The iPhone 6s Plus is large enough to accommodate a battery that beats the iPhone battery curse and powerful enough for those who want a truly premium device.
- Classic iPhone design.
- Bezel-heavy and not particularly high resolution either.
- A good camera eclipsed by later iPhone models.
- Good performance for a phone of its age.
- Acceptable battery life to get through a single day's usage.
- A "classic" iPhone option, if you're keen on that.
- Few contract options means you may be better off with a newer iPhone.
Pricing and availability
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
Apple's large-screen smartphone
The iPhone 6s Plus provides a large display, fine camera and good performance.
- Apple sells the iPhone 6s Plus outright for $849 (32GB) and $999 (128GB).
|Display size (inches)||5.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Battery size (mAh)||2,750|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest iPhone 6s Plus news
Make the most out of your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR with our round-up of the best accessories. Read more…
Everything you need to know about wireless charging and the phones that support this super-convenient way to keep the power flowing to your handset. Read more…
Here's what you need to know about the foldable phone plans of Samsung, Huawei, LG, Apple and more as we move into the next era of mobile phones. Read more…