If you've already heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem with apps and iTunes purchases and like large-screened phones, the Apple iPhone 6s Plus is a good choice, although it's rather dated now.
- Solid battery life
- Good performance
- Good iOS camera
- 3D Touch expands your interaction options
- Live Photos
- It's a large phone
- It's not a huge jump from the iPhone 6 Plus
- It's premium priced
- Classic iPhone design.
- Bezel-heavy and not particularly high resolution either.
- A good camera eclipsed by later iPhone models.
- Good performance for a phone of its age.
- Acceptable battery life to get through a single day's usage.
- A "classic" iPhone option, if you're keen on that.
- Few contract options means you may be better off with a newer iPhone.
Pricing and availability
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
Apple's large-screen smartphone
The iPhone 6s Plus provides a large display, fine camera and good performance.
- Apple sells the iPhone 6s Plus outright for $849 (32GB) and $999 (128GB).
- Better deals can be found by comparing prices on the iPhone 6s Plus from Australian retailers.
Apple iPhone 6s Plus specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||5.5 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 1920|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Rear camera megapixels||12MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Front camera megapixels||5MP|
|Front camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Dimensions||158.2mm x 77.9mm x 7.3mm|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
|Operating system||iOS 9|
|External storage support||Up to N/A|
Compare Apple iPhone 6s Plus plans
Latest iPhone 6s Plus news
Apple's new flagship iPhone 11 is expected to up the ante when it comes to camera capabilities at a premium price point. Here's everything we know so far. Read more…
We help you find the best Telstra phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best phones you can buy right now in Australia. Read more…
Here's what you need to know about the changes to Apple's music, video and podcast apps. Read more…