The iPhone 6s is a solid upgrade for older iPhone owners if you can get one at the right price.
- Good app performance for a phone of its age
- 3D Touch
- Good camera
- Live Photos
- Battery life isn't great
- Relatively low resolution screen
- It's still somewhat premium priced
- Classic iPhone design.
- Not a lot of display screen for its size.
- A decent single-lens camera, although newer iPhones have much better cameras.
- Solid performance against similarly aged handsets.
- Poor battery life.
- A "classic" iPhone option, but not one you should pay full price for.
Pricing and availability
Apple iPhone 6s
Apple's 3D-Touch enabled smartphone
The iPhone 6s combines a small display that's easy to carry with innovations such as 3D Touch and Apple's own A9 Processor. It's available outright or on contract.
- Apple sells the iPhone 6s outright for $699 (32GB) or $849 (128GB).
- You can find a better deal by comparing prices on the iPhone 6s from Australian retailers.
Apple iPhone 6s specs
|Display size (inches)||4.7|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1334 x 750|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||326|
|Battery size (mAh)||1,715|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Compare Apple iPhone 6s plans
Latest iPhone 6s news
The new Apple iPad Mini has a fantastic design and plenty of power, but Apple's array of iPad choices mean this is a tablet only for a very few. Read more…
We help you find the best Vodafone phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best handsets available right now. Read more…
We help you find the best Telstra phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best phones you can buy right now in Australia. Read more…