The iPhone 6s is a solid upgrade for older iPhone owners if you can get one at the right price.
- Good app performance for a phone of its age
- 3D Touch
- Good camera
- Live Photos
- Battery life isn't great
- Relatively low resolution screen
- It's still somewhat premium priced
The iPhone 6s is a solid device, as most iPhones tend to be, but its increasing age means it's only worth considering on a low-cost contract or if you can get one at a bargain price.
- Classic iPhone design.
- Not a lot of display screen for its size.
- A decent single-lens camera, although newer iPhones have much better cameras.
- Solid performance against similarly aged handsets.
- Poor battery life.
- A "classic" iPhone option, but not one you should pay full price for.
Pricing and availability
- Apple sells the iPhone 6s outright for $699 (32GB) or $849 (128GB).
|Display size (inches)||4.7|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1334 x 750|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||326|
|Battery size (mAh)||1,715|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest iPhone 6s news
Make the most out of your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR with our round-up of the best accessories. Read more…
Everything you need to know about wireless charging and the phones that support this super-convenient way to keep the power flowing to your handset. Read more…
Here's what you need to know about the foldable phone plans of Samsung, Huawei, LG, Apple and more as we move into the next era of mobile phones. Read more…